SoCal Edison crews to be flown in by Air Force

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
70 So Cal Edison trucks plan to drive 3-4 days to help restore power on the East Coast. The Air Force thinks they can get them there faster.

http://banning-beaumont.patch.com/a...estore-power-back-east#youtube_video-11973721

A convoy of more than 70 SCE trucks was set to leave Menifee Wednesday morning for New York to assist in the Hurricane Sandy restoration effort, but will now be flown out from March Air Reserve Base in Moreno Valley.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting but what about all of the stories of them turning away non-union groups.

Very cool about the air lift. Those folks need help.
The story about the union deal is real. I've already posted about it with a link in another thread.
Not sure it wasn't just a local deal with a local.
OG&E has crews in Baltimore right now to help, and on their way to Newark to assist in the efforts there. We will see if the non union help gets turned away.
I suspect not.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
SoCal Edison, I believe is Unionized. And ConEd (ConEdison) I am assuming is somehow related to SoCal Edison. If they are, I'm sure there is no problem with them coming to help. Well my rates are going up now to pay all that overtime the works are going to get. awesome!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
SoCal Edison, I believe is Unionized. And ConEd (ConEdison) I am assuming is somehow related to SoCal Edison. If they are, I'm sure there is no problem with them coming to help. Well my rates are going up now to pay all that overtime the works are going to get. awesome!

You won't see squat.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
SoCal Edison, I believe is Unionized. And ConEd (ConEdison) I am assuming is somehow related to SoCal Edison.

From the article:
Although SCE and Con Edison are not sister companies, Song said: "We have no relationship to them. We are trying to help. We would expect the same from other utilities."

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any union person trying to turn away non-union help at a time like this is a straight up douche. :(

Glad to see the military and civvies teaming up like this!

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw a small fleet of California utility trucks fueling at the turnpike service plaza near Stroud on Nov 1. They weren't from the company mentioned in the article.

Latest posts

Top Bottom