Some Doctors are cancelling appointments

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had one patient scheduled this morning - Monday is usually by far the busiest day. And that lady called and canceled.

I did 2 'add-on' telemedicine visits and then went home at 11AM. I've been sitting playing Xbox all day, waiting on some ribs to cook.

They tell me we will survive this....

Thanks for all you are doing TrDoc!!! guys like you are very selfless folks.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for all you are doing TrDoc!!! guys like you are very selfless folks.

No, don't lump me in with most of those people. I'm not doing anything. I spent 8 years on the front lines in the ER and numerous years in the hospital and the amberlamps before that - but not now. Those people are the heroes, I'm just an office schmuck working in a cubicle.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I generally use Zoom. Have used Google Hangouts once or twice. Some of my colleagues are using Facetime, but I don't have an iPhone. Some systems have a built-in video portal to use, I think Athena, which we are moving to in a few months, probably has their own built in.

Give doxy.me a try. All web based. No apps or anything needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why can't they just call you on the phone and talk about it mostly anyway? I mean, a broken arm is a broken arm, a spleen is a spleen and a hemorrhoid is a hemorrhoid, right? Anything harder to deal with than that, you're more than likely gonna need to send pics...or else they'd just say "Pics; or it didn't happen".

About being able to bill for the visit I believe.

I could be wrong but that's what has been mentioned on some calls I've been on the last couple of weeks discussing telemedicine.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are inherent risks and inability to see/catch certain things from in a telemed visit. This is understood and it is probably pretty highly unlikely anything bad is going to come of it for a clinician. In fact, as long as the clinician is acting in good faith and doing their best, their is next to nothing that can or will be done from this scenario. Try arguing in court your doctor should have been more attentive and thorough when trying to use telemedicine during a viral pandemic that caused a global shutdown and all recommendations everywhere are to limit going outside or anywhere not absolutely necessary.

Not likely to go far. In fact, I'd bet most lawyers will tell you any case based exclusively on this isn't worth even taking on.

<edit> There's a reason why telemed has been strictly limited in its allowable instances up to this point - because it generally sucks for the patient, even though most will likely see it as more convenient.

Our folks have mainly used it for behavioral health consults until now.

It hasn't been in use for other visits very long.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
As for Zoom I have used it before. I prefer Microsoft teams for work.

I noticed a couple years ago my insurance company now does televisits. Used to be it was always nurse lines. Well not they have it right on the card I think its $50 a visit or something. Buddy at work says he has used it for his whole family. They tell you it for simple stuff, colds and minor stuff. I imagine they got their own docs on the payroll to save coin. I know just a plain level 3 visit to my primary care is usually $125-$150.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
As for Zoom I have used it before. I prefer Microsoft teams for work.

I noticed a couple years ago my insurance company now does televisits. Used to be it was always nurse lines. Well not they have it right on the card I think its $50 a visit or something. Buddy at work says he has used it for his whole family. They tell you it for simple stuff, colds and minor stuff. I imagine they got their own docs on the payroll to save coin. I know just a plain level 3 visit to my primary care is usually $125-$150.

Exactly, they haven't been able to bill for those phone dial-a-doc visits up till now. Not to mention that they vastly and drastically overprescribe antibiotics on those visits - not that lots of docs in the office don't, also. But it was one of those dial-a-doc televisits through WalMart's insurance that the patient told me the doc "listened" to his lungs through the phone, and also documented he had a 100.4F fever when he expressly told him he did NOT. I am sure that was a "CYA" documentation error.

Some of this stuff is a joke.

Latest posts

Top Bottom