Something to get y'all in the mood

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huntemup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Always one of the hardest parts of the year for me being an Oklahoma transplant is getting the hunting pic texts from friends and family back home before I've even gotten my bow out. That said, the pics do serve to get me fired up for the upcoming season so I thought I'd share.

4dccd2d510deee1e05ae41bb38baf38d.jpg

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like my hunting just went away for the year!! Hunting land was sold and the trip I was making to Arkansas got cancelled as well do to my buddy having to take a job in freaking Canada!! So please keep posting your pics so I can live vicariously through ya'lls expeditions into the wilds!!! Such as they be in Oklahoma LOL.

Coach_1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like my hunting just went away for the year!! Hunting land was sold and the trip I was making to Arkansas got cancelled as well do to my buddy having to take a job in freaking Canada!! So please keep posting your pics so I can live vicariously through ya'lls expeditions into the wilds!!! Such as they be in Oklahoma LOL.

Find some public land and get after it. Educate yourself on the rules of the land you choose them scout the crap out of it and scout some more. Usually the farther in you go the fewer people you run into. I've been hunting public land for years and there are some great bucks on public land. But it's like anything else. You get out what you put in.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Find some public land and get after it. Educate yourself on the rules of the land you choose them scout the crap out of it and scout some more. Usually the farther in you go the fewer people you run into. I've been hunting public land for years and there are some great bucks on public land. But it's like anything else. You get out what you put in.

Little late in the year to start all that and I have hunted Canton, Robbers cave and whichever one is at Eufala. Did good on the first 2 but Eufala was a bust. Should just be this year, next year I will be back on a lease with some friends at work , couple of guys on the lease are moving so they are bringing me and my son in!!

huntemup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nothing beats boots on the ground, but I've been able to do some great scouting of public land using nothing more than google earth/ satellite imagery. Sure sometimes that brush is taller and thicker than it looks and maybe that field isn't quite as flat as you thought, but I've had success scouting - at least preliminary scouting just like that. I've walked a half mile back on public land before sunup to find the land looking exactly as i anticipated once the sun came up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom