South Korea's Attitude

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Love your fellow man, pray for the Koreans, pray for your government, less you kill another human being and be judged by the Lord.
While I certainly agree with your statement, I am of the belief that Soldier's are not judged for war and killing.

The Second Vatican Council stated, “Those who are pledged to the service of their country as members of its armed forces should regard themselves as agents of security and freedom on behalf of their people. As long as they fulfill this role properly, they are making a genuine contribution to the establishment of peace.” So no, a soldier does not necessarily need to confess his killing of other soldiers in combat. Provided that the war is just, this killing is not a sin as it is not the taking of an innocent human life; it is stopping an unjust aggressor for the sake of the common good.

Preventive War. The concept of a "preventive war" -- also called a war in the cause of justice -- goes beyond the "just war" theory. It sees war as legitimate not only in response to aggression, but also in anticipation of it.

Proponents argue that if self defense is biblically permissible, then why would it not also be permissible to act in anticipation of an impending threat? Should we sit idly by, waiting for the enemy to deal the first blow, and thereby needlessly risk the lives of our citizens?

No, say proponents of this view. In the face of a clear and present danger, Christians may legitimately go to war to prevent an attack. A preventive or preemptive strike is fully justifiable.

But there is a further dimension to the preventive war theory. It also views war as a legitimate means of correcting gross injustices. Christian nations must stand against those who use their power to hurt the innocent, regardless of where such crimes are perpetrated.

When outrageous and heinous behavior occurs (Hitler's atrocities, for instance) Christians are obligated, proponents contend, to stand against moral evil as agents of God. In the face of extreme injustice, Christians are duty bound to help lift the yoke of oppression from peoples being victimized by evil rulers, or to come to the aid of innocent nations whose existence is threatened by aggressive outside powers.
http://www.ptm.org/02PT/MayJun/war.htm

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Peace can happen. Peace is an idividual idea enacted by each individual.

Muhammad Ali and his case is a great example. He didn't declare war, he declared peace. His govt drafted him to serve and he refused, as an individual.

If each of us would declare peace, peace could exist. The world is what we make of it.

My example; if this forum was the United States, each of us as autonomous free citizens hold the right to make war or live in peace.

Just because a few may want war, doesn't mean we all must enlist to fight, that's a individual choice. Just because the forum drafts us to go fight, doesn't mean we have to. We can simply refuse.

Making peace is actually easier and more cost effective than waging war.

Love your fellow man, pray for the Koreans, pray for your government, less you kill another human being and be judged by the Lord.
There will Never be peace in this World as long as there is Evil. If you believe in the Bible, Evil will be here after man draws his last breath because Adam relinquished control to Satan when he FUBAR'd. If you don't believe in the Bible, doesn't make any difference, man is still Evil by his very nature.

You can strive for peace, a noble effort, but peace is unobtainable.

Last edited:

Wildbill6933

Marksman
Reaction score
While I certainly agree with your statement, I am of the belief that Soldier's are not judged for war and killing.

The Second Vatican Council stated, “Those who are pledged to the service of their country as members of its armed forces should regard themselves as agents of security and freedom on behalf of their people. As long as they fulfill this role properly, they are making a genuine contribution to the establishment of peace.” So no, a soldier does not necessarily need to confess his killing of other soldiers in combat. Provided that the war is just, this killing is not a sin as it is not the taking of an innocent human life; it is stopping an unjust aggressor for the sake of the common good.

Preventive War. The concept of a "preventive war" -- also called a war in the cause of justice -- goes beyond the "just war" theory. It sees war as legitimate not only in response to aggression, but also in anticipation of it.

Proponents argue that if self defense is biblically permissible, then why would it not also be permissible to act in anticipation of an impending threat? Should we sit idly by, waiting for the enemy to deal the first blow, and thereby needlessly risk the lives of our citizens?

No, say proponents of this view. In the face of a clear and present danger, Christians may legitimately go to war to prevent an attack. A preventive or preemptive strike is fully justifiable.

But there is a further dimension to the preventive war theory. It also views war as a legitimate means of correcting gross injustices. Christian nations must stand against those who use their power to hurt the innocent, regardless of where such crimes are perpetrated.

When outrageous and heinous behavior occurs (Hitler's atrocities, for instance) Christians are obligated, proponents contend, to stand against moral evil as agents of God. In the face of extreme injustice, Christians are duty bound to help lift the yoke of oppression from peoples being victimized by evil rulers, or to come to the aid of innocent nations whose existence is threatened by aggressive outside powers.
http://www.ptm.org/02PT/MayJun/war.htm
Not saying you are not partially right, however, soldiers do not get a free pass...I don't think, after all that's the Lord's to judge.

The Roman soldiers who beat, hung on a cross and stabbed our Lord Jesus, killing him on the cross, was just following orders. Jesus may have said "forgive them for they know not what they do"...but they may also be in the bowels of hell.

No I don't think soldiers get a pass, neither do Law enforcement officer, neither does the hang man/executioner.

We will all be judged as individuals and for our individual actions. We will not be judged as a group less we get a group "pass".

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Peace can happen. Peace is an idividual idea enacted by each individual.

Muhammad Ali and his case is a great example. He didn't declare war, he declared peace. His govt drafted him to serve and he refused, as an individual.

If each of us would declare peace, peace could exist. The world is what we make of it.

My example; if this forum was the United States, each of us as autonomous free citizens hold the right to make war or live in peace.

Just because a few may want war, doesn't mean we all must enlist to fight, that's a individual choice. Just because the forum drafts us to go fight, doesn't mean we have to. We can simply refuse.

Making peace is actually easier and more cost effective than waging war.

There is so much wrong with that I don't even know where to begin.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Roman soldiers who beat, hung on a cross and stabbed our Lord Jesus, killing him on the cross, was just following orders. Jesus may have said "forgive them for they know not what they do"...but they may also be in the bowels of hell.

No I don't think soldiers get a pass, neither do Law enforcement officer, neither does the hang man/executioner.

We will all be judged as individuals and for our individual actions. We will not be judged as a group less we get a group "pass".
As far as the Bible goes, nobody killed Jesus, particularly Roman soldiers. Jesus committed suicide and died for the sins of mankind. Roman soldiers however provided plenty of suffering.

We will be judged on whether or not we accepted Jesus as our Lord and Savior, nothing else. Your individual actions will decide whether you receive rewards, or the lack thereof, not where you spend eternity.

Last edited:

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Satan may have a good hold on you, I shall pray.
AND on your 11th post since re-joining the Forum you have passed judgement on my brother, a career man and father. You Sir are the epitome of hypocrisy and shall forever endure the wrath of my IGNORE option. To be a tool is normal, to hide behind the Lord to do so is immoral. May your opinions fall on deaf ears and your higher than though opine of self be realized as merely earthly.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Peace is nothing but the absence of violence in a society free of oppression. Sometimes, violence is necessary to establish or preserve freedom. Those who fight oppression do the Lord's work. The Lord wants those who choose His way with free will. We cannot live His way in a society where free will is suppressed. No, righteous soldiers do not face damnation.

An oppressed society can only be maintained by violence or the threat thereof. A lack of violence in an oppressed society cannot claim to be at peace.

Woody

Latest posts

Top Bottom