Spam calls from (201) 215-1xxx?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, the 201-215-xxxx are some insurance scammers and as soon as you block it they call again from another 201-215 number.
My android phone has a "do not disturb" setting under notifications which sends anybody not on my address book direct to voice mail.
I guess I'm going to have to turn it on.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I get they calls also but i string them along asking what they are wiling to pay me to sign up since my insurance is free and no out of pocket expense, it takes the awhile for them to figure it out what im talking about but i feel if they going to waste my time at my expense then im going to waste their time also. I have no way to block their calls since i have a old flip phone and it dont offer anything like that.

Dang it you jinks me just got 1 of them calls as i finished typing this. LOL

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I get them on my IPhone all the time. I never answer, just hit the up or down volume button and it mutes the ringer.
I’ve read that if you ever answer, your line is tagged as a live phone and the number is sold to other telemarketers.

stick4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an app on my cell phone called Mr Number that allows blocking numbers. Was getting robo calls that were spoofing my area code and phone number prefix IE xxx-xxx-0000. I just blocked all calls that began with those 6 digits. 'No mo robo' :wink2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom