Speaking of Trespassers........

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Any ideas out there on how we slow this problem down? I always thought that each GW could have a master list for each landowner in his county or counties. Each landowner who wanted trespassers fined could submit a list to the DOW, say by August 1st, he would then be issued an authorization # in which he could add hunters if need be. For example GW checks a person who is bird hunting, while checking license he checks landowner list, he's not a name who's listed, and boom, $1000 fine! :rubhands:No need to prosecute, no need to take the time to go to court, just a giant fine. I'm sure this has potential to be a paperwork nightmare, any ideas how this could be tweeked or other ideas?

Coltcombat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like alot of paperwork. I think we should be able to install beartraps, covered 15ft holes, swinging spiked doors, claymores, trip-wired shotguns, 12ft razorwire fence, trained sniper monkeys, and when a trespasser is found alive...allow water boarding. Ha

Tyson C.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
shot at them---not to kill or cause body harm/damage--- but an unsuspected boom and dirt flys up or a hole in the radiator, flat tire, will let you know you should not be there. at least on the lands i hunt is what i have been instructed to do, the land owner is usually who i am with.

your warning is at the gate and on the fences "NO TRESSPASSING".

Kingmarine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Legally... What can be done if you find trespassers on your land. If they walked right passed the signs and they are flipping off you game cameras.. If you catch tham what can legally be done?

Tyson C.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
soooo lets pretend and lets say this is how the story goes no what ifs but this is how the story goes---- lets say i got a day of coyote hunting planned and a lonely piece of meth trash, trespasser has the need to be on my property for some reason. i watch as he drags his sorry a** out the truck and looks like he has plans on some hunting or something because he starts to pull a rifle out also, also to reach into the truck and grab a little brown sack. so being on taller ground in a thick wooded area with a ghillie suit on (because that is my camo no matter what), watching over a lower area that is cleared. him being in that clearing about 450yds out and this guy having no idea that i'm there, i lob me a shot towards the passenger side hitting the dirt (thats where i aim). he evidently would have a brown note moment and decides to get out of there immedialty. only to go to the cops and try and get me in trouble when knowing that his story has to start out as, "well i pulled up to this property i had no permission to be on and opened up this gate and drove about 200yds in".......yaaaa i doubt he is going to any authority.

like it says- your warning is on the gate.

forgive me for going off the beatn path but....

now you would have to understand that when this permission was given it was the time of the jackholes last year that were around the mulhull/orlando area that went around shooting up some cattle one night on drunkin rampage. the land owner i'm with is old school and his land was not far from the area along with others and no i would never want to take someones life over there one dumb time...unless a direct threat. its just hard to say what a**hat you will run into while there in the moment---a drunkin fool or some guy trying to sneek his younger kid onto a field to hunt/fish.

what i think sucks the most at time like owning some land makes it easier to point the finger at you--the land owner. like having a swimming pool in town, or a dog in a yard. no matter how tall the fence is, if a kid drowns or is bit by your dog, it's your a** somehow, no matter what you do. all i live on is a 6acres lot there is not much action for me but the lands i hunt you just never know sometimes....

but to be "LEGAL" about the deal is hard to say how to catch them. you need a tag # and evidence that they were there, or they have to be caught straight up in the act.

:rant:

Latest posts

Top Bottom