Speaking of Trespassers........

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sniper John

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ask for the wording in the regulation below to be changed to instead start with; Hunters must obtain written permission to ..........

Landowner Permission

Hunters must obtain permission to enter any posted or occupied land or land primarily devoted to farming, ranching or forestry purposes.

Nothing in this guide shall be interpreted as permitting hunting or allowing access into any area, public or private, without permission from the owners or custodian as required by law.

Consent is not valid for more than one (1) year, unless the owner, lessee, or occupant specifically grants consent for a specified period of time.

Mark Munkres

Marksman
Reaction score
I can honestly say I haven't had a trespasser on my place. Sounds like it is a big issue some places. If it were someone recovering a deer that crossed the fence, I could live with that. Otherwise, I would not be a happy camper. I would probably take their tag number and call the GW. That might not help since I don't even have my place posted. I would probably avoid a confrontation since the fools probably would be armed.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
$1000 fine? well i can tell u from experience the fine is nowhere near that. It was actually $155.50 in 2002 to be exact. Not that i am a big tresspasser but i got caught up in an ordeal with my aunts neighbor when i was younger and it was something that could have been resolved very easily but the guy just wanted to be a jerk about it.
This is how it worked, the law has changed to what was posted above. Back then the law stated that any land not occupied by the owner had to be conspicuously posted.... if not it was free game. Anyway a buddy and i were deer hunting on my aunts place just south of Stringtown and got off on her nieghbors land not knowing it. Well we didnt even hunt we just hung two stands and planned on hunting the next day. Well the land owner was out there and instead of saying something to us he just lets us do it and called to GW. The land owner and GW waited for us the next morning but we didnt show, we planned on hunting that evening. When we got there that evening our stands where gone and a no tresspassing sign had been put up (it wasnt there the day before). The GW left his card stuck in the tree with a note saying call him. So we called and asked what was going on cause we though we where on my aunts land. He told us to meet him in town so we did. We told him our story and that the Tresspass sign wasnt there the day before, he showed us a map of all the properties with the owners names written on the sections. Well it just so happened the neighbor had a small strip of land that ran into my aunts and guess where we hung our stands. Well the GW told us they waited that morning because the land owner wanted us arrested, but after hearing we wernt just some yahoos tresspassing he said not to worry he would talk to the land owner and get it figured out. So we gave him our info and we returned to my aunts where we hunted the rest of the week. On our way home i get a call from the GW telling me the guy still wants to press charges and that he would just mail us our citations.
Like i said the guy was just being a Jerk.

ewheeley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
soooo lets pretend and lets say this is how the story goes no what ifs but this is how the story goes---- lets say i got a day of coyote hunting planned and a lonely piece of meth trash, trespasser has the need to be on my property for some reason. i watch as he drags his sorry a** out the truck and looks like he has plans on some hunting or something because he starts to pull a rifle out also, also to reach into the truck and grab a little brown sack. so being on taller ground in a thick wooded area with a ghillie suit on (because that is my camo no matter what), watching over a lower area that is cleared. him being in that clearing about 450yds out and this guy having no idea that i'm there, i lob me a shot towards the passenger side hitting the dirt (thats where i aim). he evidently would have a brown note moment and decides to get out of there immedialty. only to go to the cops and try and get me in trouble when knowing that his story has to start out as, "well i pulled up to this property i had no permission to be on and opened up this gate and drove about 200yds in".......yaaaa i doubt he is going to any authority.

like it says- your warning is on the gate.

forgive me for going off the beatn path but....

now you would have to understand that when this permission was given it was the time of the jackholes last year that were around the mulhull/orlando area that went around shooting up some cattle one night on drunkin rampage. the land owner i'm with is old school and his land was not far from the area along with others and no i would never want to take someones life over there one dumb time...unless a direct threat. its just hard to say what a**hat you will run into while there in the moment---a drunkin fool or some guy trying to sneek his younger kid onto a field to hunt/fish.

what i think sucks the most at time like owning some land makes it easier to point the finger at you--the land owner. like having a swimming pool in town, or a dog in a yard. no matter how tall the fence is, if a kid drowns or is bit by your dog, it's your a** somehow, no matter what you do. all i live on is a 6acres lot there is not much action for me but the lands i hunt you just never know sometimes....

but to be "LEGAL" about the deal is hard to say how to catch them. you need a tag # and evidence that they were there, or they have to be caught straight up in the act.

:rant:

Let's see how many laws you just admitted to breaking? Two wrongs don't make a right... I've never had to deal with trespassers, so go ahead and call me ignorant, but stopping someone from trespassing isn't worth the risk of killing a man. Trespassing will cost someone a fine; your method of trespasser denial can land you in prison for life. Which is worse?

WacosSon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My grandfather used to have trespassers on his land in Utah. Dealing with them used to actually be somewhat entertaining. He'd wait til they left their truck a while, then he'd go up to their vehicle and pound a nail into one of their tires. He'd then promptly call the game warden. Every one of em got citations. It's hard to explain why you're on someone else's property with a gun, and impossible to prove that you didn't pick up a nail on the road in.

Latest posts

Top Bottom