Speeding ticket question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roachjuice

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yea I've never slowed down through there. There isn't any construction going on!! No I've had quite a few tickets about 10 years ago. Most recent was about 3 years ago. Improper passing on the right. Another bs ticket. I may go talk to the da. But I agree. No one slows down through there.

68mustang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yea I've never slowed down through there. There isn't any construction going on!! No I've had quite a few tickets about 10 years ago. Most recent was about 3 years ago. Improper passing on the right. Another bs ticket. I may go talk to the da. But I agree. No one slows down through there.

I didn't know your omni could go that fast!

But seriously sounds like you've had bad luck with cops. I've gotten off most tickets by being polite and admitting I was wrong. Just face the music, he caught you. End of story. He probably KNOWS no one slows down. Chalk it up to a speed trap. Don't be one of those people that thinks you're getting treated unfairly because you broke the law and got caught.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

This is a joke. Way to take responsibility for your actions. Your an upstanding person. Go talk to the DA, about a traffic ticket, that you admit you were speeding.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just go to court and admit u was speeding but say u are broke and cant pay the fine so tell the judge to give u double the community service hours than they usually do then show up where u suppose to do the community service and beg like alittle girl so they will just sign off on the hours and let u go.
Or pay the fine and hush up about it like a man would.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I wouldn't waste my time fighting it. There isn't a Judge at the courthouse that's going to side with you. I call this little stretch of 169, revenue mile. The only reason the signs are still up is to generate revenue. Just be lucky there wasn't an ODOT worker somewhere on I-244 working, or the cop would have probably doubled the fine even though the construction is on a different highway. I travel that stretch 3 times a week and have never, and I do mean never seen anyone slowing to 55 in that area. There is nothing to slow down for.

spd67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok so I was going home last night north bound 169 drizzling a little bit and I hit that area where It drops down to 55 for a little bit 169 and 244 area. Anyway unmarked sitting under 244 with no lights on gets me. I'm doing 69mph. I know. He wrote the ticket for 59 in a 50. Clearly it says 55mph on the sign. I tried explaining that to him and he didn't wanna hear it. He said it says 50mph. Can I fight this? Because he didn't know the exact speed limit? Or am I just SOL. Honestly i don't understand why there is still a sign up for construction right there. The construction is on 244. Not 169.

Well you may have been able to fight it ...but I wouldn't now that you have confessed your guilt in an internet forum frequented by law enforcement..Dude you broke the law and he cut you a break pay your fine

Latest posts

Top Bottom