Springfield Armory XDM45 4.5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had an XD-45 (NOT an XDM) for a little while.

While it felt good in the hand and hit where I pointed it, it was extremely butt heavy with a full magazine.

Something to consider if you plan on totin' it in yer britches under a shirt. That heavy grip is gonna tip outwards.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had an XD-45 (NOT an XDM) for a little while.

While it felt good in the hand and hit where I pointed it, it was extremely butt heavy with a full magazine.

Something to consider if you plan on totin' it in yer britches under a shirt. That heavy grip is gonna tip outwards.

The 5" XD45 carries well with the 10 round magazine. In fact, just the other day I accidentally put the 13 round in and had no real issues... chatted with a couple of LEO buddies... spent a wad of cash at a local convenient store... nobody noticed an extra 1.5"... I didn't really notice except that the butt didn't feel quite right, but I was wearing Levi jeans where the belt loops are in the wrong place so it never feels right in those pants... got home, stuck it on the desk, and realized I had the full size magazine in it.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
nobody noticed an extra 1.5"...

Then you're doin' it wrong!

I didn't really notice except that the butt didn't feel quite right, but I was wearing Levi jeans where the belt loops are in the wrong place so it never feels right in those pants... got home, stuck it on the desk, and realized I had the full size magazine in it.

My IWB holster never quite feels like it is at a comfortable spot - I can only get it back around to 3 or 3:30. I wear exclusively Levi's. I seems to improve with shorts however. Interesting and I think you just diagnosed my issue. I may have to go and try some other brands. Shame though, as I finally found a style that fit me well about 3-4 years ago (the 557, which replaced the slightly-too-baggy-for-me 567 that was discontinued).

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My IWB holster never quite feels like it is at a comfortable spot - I can only get it back around to 3 or 3:30. I wear exclusively Levi's. I seems to improve with shorts however. Interesting and I think you just diagnosed my issue. I may have to go and try some other brands. Shame though, as I finally found a style that fit me well about 3-4 years ago (the 557, which replaced the slightly-too-baggy-for-me 567 that was discontinued).

I use the Crossbreed QuikClip, and the single clip is right at 3:00. On my Wranglers, that's just behind a belt loop, which also helps with stability. Levi's have their belt loop right on the leg seam. Behind it, and I print like Gutenberg's press. In front, and I'm bruised for the next week.

I generally only wear Levi's on special occasions because my wife likes to look at them much better than the Wranglers. But I just happened to not have any clean Wranglers that day...

jhat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I own 2 Les Baers, one Ed Brown and a Wilson. They are all fine 1911's. I must admit, however, that my go to carry pistol is the XDM 45.
My XDM is reliable and has functioned well with several types of self defense ammunition.

LuckyGunner

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the 9mm and 40 S&W versions. I have a regular XD45. I didn't see the reason to get another polymer pistol even though I do prefer the XDM over the standard XD.

I haven't had any issues with any of my 4 XD pistols. I would like to see a compact 45 XDM and then I might pick up another.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If we could get you off work long enough, I might let you be the first to shoot it like you did my Colt AR. I got to shoot an XD-40 Saturday and it didn't have that "snap" in the recoil like the Glock 22 does. That may be next on my list.

natgas

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I picked one up for myself in Dallas on Friday and took it to the range there on Saturday; talk about a shooter; dead on right out of the box. I put about 200 rounds through her and enjoyed everyone of them. Great gun

Latest posts

Top Bottom