Stepper

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sajeantet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do that for all my guns. every number that is on every gun including all numbers on my AK and SKS. If they were ever stolen and parts were changed out and if it was found the police would know. Any gun that would have matching numbers I wrote down so I would know how many parts would have a possibility of getting on other guns. I have done everything but take pictures of them all. When I wanted to sell the gun I took a bunch of pics and I saw that you can see the serial number on the barrel but I didn't take any of the bottom side of the frame. I wish I did now. If you want I can send you all the pics that show the serial numbers but it won't help much. Yesterday I got a pm from a member that told me to take pics of every gun and every serial number on each gun and thats what he does. So I started doing just that.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
...If they were ever stolen and parts were changed out and if it was found the police would know...
It still doesn't make any sense to me.
If all the numbers match to start with, then any parts change would be easily identifiable because they would no longer match.:confused:

sajeantet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But my list would tell me which part should have a number on it. I know on a glock its only on there 3 times but still I write it down.
The point when I do it is I take the gun apart not just field strip it. I look if the part has a number on it I label it and put the number with it. I don't trust anyone even gunsmiths. So what I do is if a gun goes to a smith I take it back apart and look at my list to see what has a number on it and find that part to make sure its still there. It's not just numbers either I make notice of marks on a stock or in side the breach. The only place I take my guns to is H&H, everything I have taken there has been given back without a scratch and every part was there.

I didn't mean to accuse stepper of replacing parts. I was shocked that he told me about the mismatching numbers. When I first bought this gun from another member I took it apart cleaned it and wrote down the numbers like i normally do. I also do this on my cars and my motorcycle. every where theres a VIN or model number or paint number i write it down.

If I was on the other end and I bought something that shot well but say some numbers didn't match I would not expect my money back. I would call it my fault for not catching it when i should of been more careful. When I am buying or selling on here I expect it to be final. I don't expect anyone to give my money back or ask for it back.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
...If I was on the other end and I bought something that shot well but say some numbers didn't match I would not expect my money back. I would call it my fault for not catching it when i should of been more careful...
So it's Stepper's fault for not catching it?
Or it's Stepper's fault for changing the frame out, then wanting his money back after altering the gun?

You have documented that the numbers matched when you bought it, so it must be one of those options...

stepper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
sajeantet

Since you're not sure now that all 3 serial numbers match, you need to do the right thing, and take this gun back.

Then, we you get it back, you can sell it again, and be sure to include that the gun is refurbished, and all 3 serial numbers DO NOT match!

Then, the potential buyer can decide if they want to buy a 6 year old, refurbished gun. Not a 1 year old gun. Since I wasn't told this upfront, you need to do the RIGHT thing and take it back.

You were notified IMMEDIATELY about the problem. I don't have your phone number, or I would've called you. We have only been communicating by PM. After we met at 10am, you were notifed before noon. And thats when get the attitude.

You don't know me, but as others here can attest to, I have bought many guns and items here, and I would not change out parts to a gun!! I have been wanting a glock 26 for along time, thought I found a good deal on one, and I bought it. I want the gun, so why would I change out the parts, and request my money back??

I'm still shocked at the way I've been accused here. I made a comment when I bought the gun that my dad has a glock 26, and its his favorite carry gun. So this guy is going to use that against me! Incredible! I think it just shows what kind of person I"m dealing with!

I am going to talk to Glock again today, and see if they can find out more info.

Depending on what happens, I may end up talking to a lawyer about possible recourse with this joker.

By the way, the other forum member that he told me he bought the gun from, told me he bought it from somebody else. I contacted them by PM, and was told he DID NOT sell him the gun!

stepper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But my list would tell me which part should have a number on it. I know on a glock its only on there 3 times but still I write it down.
The point when I do it is I take the gun apart not just field strip it. I look if the part has a number on it I label it and put the number with it. I don't trust anyone even gunsmiths. So what I do is if a gun goes to a smith I take it back apart and look at my list to see what has a number on it and find that part to make sure its still there. It's not just numbers either I make notice of marks on a stock or in side the breach. The only place I take my guns to is H&H, everything I have taken there has been given back without a scratch and every part was there.

I didn't mean to accuse stripper of replacing parts. I was shocked that he told me about the mismatching numbers. When I first bought this gun from another member I took it apart cleaned it and wrote down the numbers like i normally do. I also do this on my cars and my motorcycle. every where theres a VIN or model number or paint number i write it down.

If I was on the other end and I bought something that shot well but say some numbers didn't match I would not expect my money back. I would call it my fault for not catching it when i should of been more careful. When I am buying or selling on here I expect it to be final. I don't expect anyone to give my money back or ask for it back.

Its stepper, not stripper by the way. :)

Now your're gonna accuse me of being a stripper? I swear I was wearing all my clothes when we met............:)

stepper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Although I don't know the details of what happened here - my ears did perk up when someone accused Stepper of dishonesty. I've known him for over 4 years and
there is no way that happened.

Appreciate it. :)

You don't want a 1 year old glock 26 do you? :)

stepper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I missed that! I try to check on people before buying, but didn't find anything, guess I didn't look hard enough.

Thanks for the kind words.

Stepper, thanks for posting up.

Going forward it's always good to check feedback. I see he has very few positives and an unhappy customer here..
http://www.okshooters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48541&highlight=sajeantet

There is no chance that Stepper switched frames after the transaction. However, nobody needs to hear that from me. We all know him well enough to know how he does business.

Latest posts

Top Bottom