Stepper

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sajeantet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay, Friday I listed a Glock26 in the classifieds. Stepper wanted the gun. I met him yesterday he looked over the gun very well and from what I saw looked over the serial number.s Well I get a pm yesterday saying that the barrel and upper receiver serial numbers match but numbers on the black plastic stock does not. I was very suprised. I have a notebook with all my serial numbers in so i looked and I saw that all three matched. So I was confused. I don't know what he could of done and as far as I know the numbers matched. He told me he was going to contact glock and then if they didn't do anything he wanted me to make it right.
I sent him a pm back stating that theres nothing I can do since he bought it as is and truthfully I don't know what he has done to the gun. I also gave him the info of the person i first boguht it from. When I sold him the gun the night sights worked fine, the numbers matched (from the info i had written down) and it shoot like a champ with great groups.
Now he is wanting his money back and threatening to give me a bad name. I just wanted to come on here and give my story. Now he can post his side of the story.

stepper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I met you sunday. I inspected the gun. I checked the serial number on the slide and barrel, and they both matched. I did not take the slide off the frame when I inspected it. Gun seemed ok, so I bought it.

Well, I get home, sit at the table, and took the slide off the frame. Start looking at everything. I noticed that the serial number on the frame of the gun was different than the serial number on the slide and barrel. I immediately sent him a PM letting him know. I didn't accuse him of anything, I was just asking him why they didn't match.

The response from him was shocking. He basically told me he didn't know why I was asking him about it, he bought it from somebody else, and I needed to contact them. He said it was sold "as-is", and it wasn't his problem at all. He already spent the money, and it matched when he sold it.

So, I called H&H gun range. They told me not to shoot the gun at all. Call Glock and see what they can find out. So, I sent him another PM letting him know what the range told me. He then really gets an attitude and says he doesn't know why I'm telling him this, its not his problem, I need to talk to the guy that sold it to him. I told him that was crazy, I bought the gun from HIM, not this other guy.

So, I PM'ed this other member. He told me he bought it from another member! So, I've sent him a message also, asking him if he could just shed some light on the situation.

I did call Glock and they told me that the gun was made in 2003. The original seller told me the previous owner only had it a year, it was sitting in his safe, so he sold it to sajeantet. In his defense, since he bought it used, he's not going to know its history, but I thought it was only a couple years old at best.

Now, after several PM's, sajeantet is accusing me of possibly changing the serial numbers, since he says they matched when he sold it. Yes, I bought the gun, took it home, changed out the slide, and thought I'd call him back and want my money back, all within 2 hours or so. Give me a break.

This has gone from a simple question, wondering why serial numbers don't match, to a big argument. I don't know if its a big deal they don't match or not, but all I know is when I got home, the numbers DO NOT match. I told him it makes me a little uneasy buying a used gun like this, most rationale people would agree with me.

I feel like the seller should be responsible and buy the gun back from me since I'm not happy with it. Its not what he advertised. His non-caring attitude, and pushing it off on another person, is just shocking to me. I let him know immediately that there was a problem, not a day, week, or month later. If this was a few days later, I could understand him not wanting to take it back, but this was as soon as I got home!

I have sold and bought many, many things here, and this is the absolute first problem I've ever had with anybody.

I admit, I should have inspected all 3 serial numbers, I checked 2, but didn't even think about the one on the actual frame. I understand that. All I wanted from him is an explanation, not attitude. Not pushing it on somebody else that I don't know or bought the gun from! If I can get an explanation, I'm good, but since he couldn't give me one, I think he needs to take it back and make it right. His non-caring attitude about the whole situation is alarming to me at the least.

I don't think I'll ever be buying anything from this guy again.

stepper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And of course, instead of handling this like MEN, we have to come to a forum and discuss it.

If the tables were turned, sajeantet, I would have contacted the person I bought it from and asked them for info. If that didn't work, I would have met you again, and bought the gun back from you, as long as it was within a reasonable amount of time.

But, thats me.

sajeantet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How was it not as advertised? Its a good gun that shoots very good and the night sites work very well and the gun is in great condition. That was all stated in my sale description. You looked it over, and inspected it very well from what I noticed and you were very happy. The numbers matched from what I had written down. I am not going to buy back a gun that had the "slide changed out" (whatever that means) and was taken apart and had whatever parts replaced. As far as I know you could of changed it out with your dads lower that could of been messed up and now trying to give me the bad part. Go out and shoot it, you will not be disappointed it shoots great.

stepper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How was it not as advertised? Its a good gun that shoots very good and the night sites work very well and the gun is in great condition. That was all stated in my sale description. You looked it over, and inspected it very well from what I noticed and you were very happy. The numbers matched from what I had written down. I am not going to buy back a gun that had the "slide changed out" (whatever that means) and was taken apart and had whatever parts replaced. As far as I know you could of changed it out with your dads lower that could of been messed up and now trying to give me the bad part. Go out and shoot it, you will not be disappointed it shoots great.

Well, if you're gonna accuse me of switching out parts with my dad, why don't we meet again at H&H, and I can bring the "parted" gun you sold me, and my dad can show you his gun. I absolutely did not do anything like that.

I think you need to stop making stupid comments like that. By the comments you are making and accusations, as well as your attitude about the situation, I think you definately knew the numbers didn't match, and you wanted to get rid of the gun. An honest seller would've brought it up when sold, as well as offer to make the deal right, since what you sold me isn't right. Its not a glock 26 that was a year old, its a 6 year old, refurbished gun.

You keep telling me to go shoot the gun, and the night sights work great, I have no question about that. Its a refurbished gun, and you should have told me. And since you didn't tell me, and I'm not happy with the purchase, you should take it back.

Anyway, congratulations, you are a dishonest seller, and you found a sucker. You live and learn.

DrBaker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stepper, thanks for posting up.

Going forward it's always good to check feedback. I see he has very few positives and an unhappy customer here..
http://www.okshooters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48541&highlight=sajeantet

There is no chance that Stepper switched frames after the transaction. However, nobody needs to hear that from me. We all know him well enough to know how he does business.

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Although I don't know the details of what happened here - my ears did perk up when someone accused Stepper of dishonesty. I've known him for over 4 years and
there is no way that happened.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
...I get a pm yesterday saying that the barrel and upper receiver serial numbers match but numbers on the black plastic stock does not. I was very suprised. I have a notebook with all my serial numbers in so i looked and I saw that all three matched...
...Well, I get home, sit at the table, and took the slide off the frame. Start looking at everything. I noticed that the serial number on the frame of the gun was different than the serial number on the slide and barrel. I immediately sent him a PM letting him know...

Speaking for myself, I will never consider dealing with sajeantet, given the 2 quotes above.
I do not believe his story.

Speaking for OSA, if we find out that you have lied about this sajeantet, you membership here will be canceled.

Speaking to Stepper, if you can determine when the frame was changed, you most likely have a legal case against sajeantet to refund your money. I know when Glock changed a frame for me, they kept record of that.

sajeantet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The frame was never changed out by me. It has never EVER been at a gun smith. It has never EVER left my person. It was never sent back to Glock. I never lied, I have been nothing but truthfull. I have answered every question stepper asked truthfully.

Latest posts

Top Bottom