Stolen gun?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Say your daughter is dressed like a slut, goes to a Southside OKC bar, drinks past intoxication, and takes a ride from a stranger and his buddies and is raped, what percentage of blame do you assign to her?

How many buddies? I am going to assign equal blame to everyone just need to know the number of parties involved to properly do the math.

I still think is dumb as hell to assign blame to property owner for actions performed with their property by theif.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How many buddies? I am going to assign equal blame to everyone just need to know the number of parties involved to properly do the math.

I still think is dumb as hell to assign blame to property owner for actions performed with their property by theif.

Only one doer, others got dropped off on the way. The doers dad left when he was 4 and he was raised by his single mom and a series of "uncles" until 11 at which point his grandmother took over. Should be able to assign plenty of blame with that. Go forth and do good works.

Capm_Spaulding

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can we meet and the middle and form the reasonable opinion that it's not the theft victim's fault, but it's still prudent to not leave a gun in a vehicle overnight? Or do we have to take sides?

lol that makes too much sense, hell no!

Honestly though, I don't think it's such an oversimplified situation as everyone on both sides of this argument makes it seem. Nothing will stop a criminal with enough time to carry out their action, it is 100% the criminals fault, that is true.
But... that doesn't mean we should just give up trying to make it more difficult to steal and let it fall into the hands of a criminal as easily as say a purse or pair of oakleys locked in a glove box. A gun merits more responsibility and safety than that, or at least it should. Most everyone goes out expecting to be broken into if only on a subconscious level, if we didn't, glove boxes and doors wouldn't come with locks. It's that once "hopefully" in a lifetime situation where some scumbag breaks into your vehicle/car, that you're glad you went what we refer to nowadays as the "extra mile" but if we changed our perspectives and looked at it as simply "the way" we'd sure have a lot fewer criminals running around with stolen weapons.

I recently caught flack from a gun store that will remain nameless for trying to explain to them the same thing... It's not that you HAVE to do these things, but it just creates a bit less sympathy if you don't and that day comes, particularly when I have first hand experience working for a company that invested decent money protecting their assets and the safety of the GP. What caused the controversy in this case was I was more upset a criminal now possesses several stolen AR15s than I was worried about their lost income. It's just a head scratcher when I have more home security for my collection than a gun store does for theirs, knowing the probability of someone trying to steal their guns are much high than mine. The criminals 100% fault yes, but ya coulda made it at least a little more difficult for them.. again you didn't HAVE to, but I bet you wish now that you would have.
No one likes going out of their way to ensure someone leaves their property be, but no one also likes dropping several thousand dollars on a storm shelter... until you hear the sirens roar, then you're thinking hey, maybe that wasn't such a bad idea after all.
Will extra steps ensure your gun is always going to be safe, or will a shelter guarantee your life.... No, not at all. But I don't want to ever want to play a victim, so if there are REASONABLE things one can do to decrease those chances, I will do them.

Just my .02
Ultimately in all cases, both with the OP and the company I spoke of, it sucks some a**hole stole your gun(s), I hope they get what's coming to them.

Last edited:

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not her fault it was stolen but you could argue that it was her fault that it was in a location easy to get stolen. I have had my truck broken into before and two iPods stolen, now it wasn't my fault they were stolen but I should have kept them with me. My lesson I learned is don't leave valuable crap in my car, the car vs house argument is different because a)cars are easier to get into and b) houses you run a bigger risk of getting caught and the alarms call the police.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In 94' I parked my red 79' Firebird in cherry condition at the back door of Tulsa Billiard Palace just long enough t go in the back door to grab a friend. 2 am on a Sunday. Place was still packed tho as it was the only 24-7 365 pool hall in the country at the time when still open. And most every hardcore partier and hustler in Tulsa hung out and did business there. Was gone maybe 2minutes. Keys in my hand, but left windows down and no alarm on. Guess what? Yepp. I got it back 2 days later thankfully minus tires&wheels, amps and sub (left my head unit, speakers, tweets, capacitor, etc). My fault all the way. 100%. I should have gift wrapped it for em.

(Tapatalk)- on the road.

Latest posts

Top Bottom