Stupid Dang deer!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bulls eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I spent 3 hours today working a big tom that would not budge for a call. I tried it all, diaphram, glass call, even gobbled at him, nothing. Just sat there and gobbled his fool head off. I finally belly crawled to within 80 yards when i saw him just a struttin and gobblin. Ease my back up to a tree, get my gun up and scratch out a yelp on my glass call. Deer stands up between me and him and blows about 10 times. Game over. Bout broke my heart. Lol. Oh well, least i got to play the game...

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the same issue of sorts.. I'll call and call, get a little action, they'll get right into bow range, and the neighborhood kids will run up the residential neighborhood on their quads, or a neighbor will drive around the corner, or these dang free-range dogs will cause an exodus from my little patch of front yard.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
stay after him sounds like a heck of a trophy,thems the ones i like the tough ones,somebody told me one time that sneaking up on a turkey and killing him was not sporting,i told him to go stalk one with in shot gun or bow range then come back and tell me its not sporting.thanks for sharing story and look foward with you and him in a pic together soon

Bullbuster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feel your pain as well. Had one this past Sunday sounding off and moving all around us in the trees but never could get him to come on out. The creeks are all full now so I'm sure the water prevented him from crossing.

Bulls eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had one in the middle of a pasture yesterday struttin and gobblin like crazy. I was laying face down in the edge about 100 yards away. He had 1 hen with him. I called her over to about 3 yards twice. I thought she was going step on my gun barrel once. He never would follow her, eventually eased off into some private land i didnt have access too. Gobblin the whole time. Crazy season so far...

Latest posts

Top Bottom