Tailgating results in road rage shooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perrone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not this again. Next thing we know we'll be talking about breaking laws we don't like simply because we don't like them...The normal crew is already here.

The article comments are already full of "this will happen more if we open carry" and "see what happens when people are allowed to carry guns in public". These people will find their way to this forum and see how stupid a lot of gun owners are and their point will be proven.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not this again. Next thing we know we'll be talking about breaking laws we don't like simply because we don't like them...The normal crew is already here.

The article comments are already full of "this will happen more if we open carry" and "see what happens when people are allowed to carry guns in public". These people will find their way to this forum and see how stupid a lot of gun owners are and their point will be proven.

I must have missed the posts where anyone was advocating the shooting of slow drivers.

EDIT:
Darn, I was hoping to read a tailgater had been shot (by an obviously very bad person, with poor morals, and a lousy childhood, who should have shown infinite restraint to the jerk riding their bumper).

To all internet commando tailgater's, if I'm going the speed limit in the rightmost lane, you don't get to have an opinion on how fast I should be driving. When you start paying for my gas, insurance, and speeding tickets, then we might talk about it. Until then, I'll generally drive the speed limit and you get to live with it.

I stand corrected. Although, it was the tailgater that was being shot.

People need to chill when driving. I despise 5-10 under drivers, but I simply pass when I get a chance. As to tailgaters, I normally drive 5-10 over and if you are tailgating me, that is your problem. No use spending you whole drive being pissed off about what other people are doing.

Last edited:

ranchking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I drive a 2005 chevy 3/4 ton 4x4 with two 4 ft. long round bale spikes on the back. When i am driving at least the speed limit and someone refuses to back off from tailgaiting I lower the spikes and tap the brakes. They always seem to get the picture and back off.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Or you could just take 5 seconds to get the hell out of the way and quit impeding traffic...

Or you could just learn to drive the speed limit.

If I am on a two lane, with the cruise control set at the speed limit, I am not in the wrong. The only traffic I might impede would be the traffic that is wanting to speed.

If you are behind me, not maintaining a four second following distance or greater, you are in the wrong, and creating a dangerous driving situation, just so you can speed, breaking the law.

So you want me, who is following the rules, to move over so you can break them. So, do you want me to help you cheat on your taxes too?

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I drive a 2005 chevy 3/4 ton 4x4 with two 4 ft. long round bale spikes on the back. When i am driving at least the speed limit and someone refuses to back off from tailgaiting I lower the spikes and tap the brakes. They always seem to get the picture and back off.

I think I might need me one of those!

itzkwik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I'll put it this way,if I can get over I most def. Will,sometimes you just can't,I usually drive a speed where I shouldn't be getting tailgated. I am definitely not the sueing type of person either,but if I ever get hurt from some JackWad that cant back off,their life is going to change forever and I'll have more money in my pocket,the first thing out my mouth on the 911 call will be A Tailgater hit me.
I learned a lesson when I was 16 and I did lockem up on someone behind me and got in trouble for it,it was in a 2 lane constuction zone and I couldn't get over or even pull over,well she went right under the back of my truck,no one was hurt but her car,I wouldn't do it again but if over hurt from it,the Tailgater is gunna pay.
Said my peace about this subject.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Both sides of the agrument really need to take a defensive driving course. If you're following too closely, you back off until it's safe to go around. If you're impeding the flow of traffic you need to find a place to pull over and let the traffic pass, it doesn't matter if you're going the speed limit or not. Common sense should trump self righteousness, but some people don't have enough common sense to know this.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Both sides of the agrument really need to take a defensive driving course. If you're following too closely, you back off until it's safe to go around. If you're impeding the flow of traffic you need to find a place to pull over and let the traffic pass, it doesn't matter if you're going the speed limit or not. Common sense should trump self righteousness, but some people don't have enough common sense to know this.

Seems like it's pretty moderated except for the people taking the law into their own hands. Also a lot of "I get over but sometimes you can't move over," guess that's easy to miss, though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom