Tailgating results in road rage shooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perrone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is no such this as a "Fast Lane" the speed limit is the speed limit. no matter what lane you are in.

You're the same guy who said you speed because you don't like the law so you don't have to follow it am I right? Maybe I'm mistaken, but I'm pretty sure that was you....So make up your mind.

Both sides of the agrument really need to take a defensive driving course. If you're following too closely, you back off until it's safe to go around. If you're impeding the flow of traffic you need to find a place to pull over and let the traffic pass, it doesn't matter if you're going the speed limit or not. Common sense should trump self righteousness, but some people don't have enough common sense to know this.

And common sense should tell you to drive safely and follow the laws so no one's life is in danger too, but hey as long as we don't get in your way we should be fine right? If I'm going the speed limit and people don't like it and it's a one lane road then screw them. Is it my problem that they want to disobey the driving laws? Nope. Do I give a crap if they get mad? Nope. Do I sleep the same at night regardless? Yes.

Speed limits are not suggestions. If you drive like an idiot you deserve to wreck.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And common sense should tell you to drive safely and follow the laws so no one's life is in danger too, but hey as long as we don't get in your way we should be fine right? If I'm going the speed limit and people don't like it and it's a one lane road then screw them. Is it my problem that they want to disobey the driving laws? Nope. Do I give a crap if they get mad? Nope. Do I sleep the same at night regardless? Yes.

I don't disagree, but if you're impeding traffic I would think that to reduce your stress level, not to mention for your own safety you'd find a place to pull out and let others pass. You guys are missing the big picture, when you slow down...to almost a complete stop to pull over, you are delaying the tailgater even more...

There is another law that pedestrians have the right of way, guess what, they may have it but if I don't honor that right they will more than likely lose their life. At least they will go out knowing that they were right.

Perrone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How would it reduce my stress level to let them pass? I don't know anyone who actually gets stressed because they are driving how they should be and a douche is doing whatever he wants. Doesn't bother me at all. And by pulling over and letting them speed past me dangerously close to let them show how much cooler than me they are I'm putting myself in danger as well. They normally just pass me in a no passing zone anyway since they are all about breaking driving laws.
If you can afford speeding tickets then by all means put my life in danger if that gets your jollys off. Nobody thinks you're cool in your cool in your POS honda civic or your overcompensatingly large pickup truck.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How would it reduce my stress level to let them pass? I don't know anyone who actually gets stressed because they are driving how they should be and a douche is doing whatever he wants. Doesn't bother me at all. And by pulling over and letting them speed past me dangerously close to let them show how much cooler than me they are I'm putting myself in danger as well. They normally just pass me in a no passing zone anyway since they are all about breaking driving laws.
If you can afford speeding tickets then by all means put my life in danger if that gets your jollys off. Nobody thinks you're cool in your cool in your POS honda civic or your overcompensatingly large pickup truck.

oh I see, so you don't want to let them pass for your own personal satifaction. It appears that you are compensating by trying to control someone else.

Perrone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
oh I see, so you don't want to let them pass for your own personal satifaction. It appears that you are compensating by trying to control someone else.

What? I never said anything that would hint at that.
I meant that people think they are hot sh*t because they speed around like jackholes. That's all. Maybe I worded it wrong.

You also took it out of context. OSAers like doing that when it means they might get a chance to seem better than someone else.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What? I never said anything that would hint at that.
I meant that people think they are hot sh*t because they speed around like jackholes. That's all. Maybe I worded it wrong.

You also took it out of context. OSAers like doing that when it means they might get a chance to seem better than someone else.

That is exactly what you said. You aren't going to pull over just so they can show you how much cooler they are than you. Nothing out of context there.

redneck1861

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're the same guy who said you speed because you don't like the law so you don't have to follow it am I right? Maybe I'm mistaken, but I'm pretty sure that was you....So make up your mind.

No I never said I don't like the law so I don't have to follow it. But I do speed, quite a bit actually. but only when it is safe and when no law enforcement is around

Perrone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No I never said I don't like the law so I don't have to follow it. But I do speed, quite a bit actually. but only when it is safe and when no law enforcement is around

I can't think of any time it's "safe" to speed, but ok. Sorry for thinking you were the one who said that. I know it was someone with "redneck" in the title. I'm pretty sure that thread was deleted though.

That is exactly what you said. You aren't going to pull over just so they can show you how much cooler they are than you. Nothing out of context there.

Yes it was out of context. Read the entire sentence again: "And by pulling over and letting them speed past me dangerously close to let them show how much cooler than me they are I'm putting myself in danger as well."

redneck1861

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't think of any time it's "safe" to speed, but ok. Sorry for thinking you were the one who said that. I know it was someone with "redneck" in the title. I'm pretty sure that thread was deleted though.

Well I dont go overboard on speeding most of the time, if I am in my car, I am normally 10-15 over, unless I am in town. The only time that I speed unsafely is on my bike. But I am getting rid of my bike. I recently lost a good friend to a bike wreck where speeds i excess of 160mph were involved.

Latest posts

Top Bottom