Tailgating results in road rage shooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perrone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I dont go overboard on speeding most of the time, if I am in my car, I am normally 10-15 over, unless I am in town. The only time that I speed unsafely is on my bike. But I am getting rid of my bike. I recently lost a good friend to a bike wreck where speeds i excess of 160mph were involved.

If you speed unsafely on your bike then the best thing to do is to get rid of it. I'm glad you're making a smarter decision before something bad happens.

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No I never said I don't like the law so I don't have to follow it. But I do speed, quite a bit actually. but only when it is safe and when no law enforcement is around

Ignore Perrone when it comes to abiding by all laws, he is a law abiding citizen....yeah and Im virgin Mary.

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you speed unsafely on your bike then the best thing to do is to get rid of it. I'm glad you're making a smarter decision before something bad happens.

Not sure how this thread turned in to this again but ok, I'll play. I've done 180 down Memorial on my crotch rocket, no one was around, ferment on that buddy.

Perrone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ignore Perrone when it comes to abiding by all laws, he is a law abiding citizen....yeah and Im virgin Mary.

Because I told him it's smart to get rid of something he does unsafely that might kill him? Continue your ways. I'll see you in the paper.

Not sure how this thread turned in to this again but ok, I'll play. I've done 180 down Memorial on my crotch rocket, no one was around, ferment on that buddy.

I hope to someday be as cool as you.

I give up. Have fun taking other people's lives into your own hands.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haven't read all of the inputs to this thread, so this may already have been said. This seems to me to be a thread about inappropriate use of a weapon.

It appeared to be becoming a "stay out of my way" thread, with the subtext that violence might indeed be, if not appropriate, then at least understandable, though the preponderence of thought seemed to be that the slow driver (if he was indeed going slow, and nothing confirmed that) would be the most deserving of getting shot.

Folks, road rage really sucks. If you have a tendency in that direction, you need to get a handle on it. All your anger and right thinking will not change the behavior of those who do what you see as wrong. The only space you have control over is that between your ears. You don't have to get angry. It's simply the choice that lots have learned. Keep a calm heart, live longer, and you'll get where you are going at the same time with lower blood pressure, and without having formed a relationship with whoever you wanted to teach a lesson. Some of those relationships can be life changing, and not in a good way . . . CB

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haven't read all of the inputs to this thread, so this may already have been said. This seems to me to be a thread about inappropriate use of a weapon.

It appeared to be becoming a "stay out of my way" thread, with the subtext that violence might indeed be, if not appropriate, then at least understandable, though the preponderence of thought seemed to be that the slow driver (if he was indeed going slow, and nothing confirmed that) would be the most deserving of getting shot.

Folks, road rage really sucks. If you have a tendency in that direction, you need to get a handle on it. All your anger and right thinking will not change the behavior of those who do what you see as wrong. The only space you have control over is that between your ears. You don't have to get angry. It's simply the choice that lots have learned. Keep a calm heart, live longer, and you'll get where you are going at the same time with lower blood pressure, and without having formed a relationship with whoever you wanted to teach a lesson. Some of those relationships can be life changing, and not in a good way . . . CB

This is good advice Perrone, what you do is judge.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
just in case anyone should get the wrong idea about my stance on tailgating.

in full agreement about using common sense in getting out of the way and of the equally dangerous folks that drive slow in the passing lane. sometimes effectively making a moving roadblock.

most of the time I'm going the speed limit, but if someone wants to pass and I've got room. will always get out of the way.... same for folks hitting the on-ramps ... if I can I'll move to another lane to get out of the way for them too.

what I don't appreciate is the habitual tailgaters that tailgate no matter what. It's a fact that when someone is following say one car length behind ... hitting the brakes will result in a crash and/or near crashes from the person(s) following the tailgater.

so in other words... the danger is not to the tailgater for he's ready to slam on the brakes. DANGER is to the unsuspecting folks that follow tailgaters!!!!! when going highway speeds even if someone leaves the recommended two seconds and/or several car lengths space. unsuspecting folks are not ready for someone to slam on their brakes going say 65 mph. this starts a chain reaction... cars two back could be the one that rear ends someone.

to add insult to injury.... that person also gets a ticket for following too close. on top of paying for the wreck. mean-while the tailgater that started this mess is at least 1/2 mile down the road, probably tailgating someone else.

based on feedback from other threads... Cops almost NEVER give out tickets to tailgaters.... only after the fact, victim gets a ticket for following too close. tailgater almost never slams into someone's rear end because they are ready to pounce on their brakes. unlike folks following that don't have a clue someone is getting ready to slam on their brakes at speed.

sometimes it's not possible to tell if someone is tailgating, because their vehicle is blocking view of the smaller car they are tailgating. If I'm following a tailgater... will leave at least 4x the space for safety!!!!

personally don't care if someone wants to speed when no one else is around. like in the middle of the night ... in the middle of a turnpike or what ever. but not around traffic, you are endangering someone else's right to to safety.

the same for tailgaters who have NO right to endanger other folks!!!
the fact it's illegal and almost impossible to enforce makes tailgating way too common place.

Last edited:

SoonerBorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Both sides of the agrument really need to take a defensive driving course. If you're following too closely, you back off until it's safe to go around. If you're impeding the flow of traffic you need to find a place to pull over and let the traffic pass, it doesn't matter if you're going the speed limit or not. Common sense should trump self righteousness, but some people don't have enough common sense to know this.

This is, by far, the most common sensical post in this entire thread....

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Top Bottom