Tannerite

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OSU

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I just picked up some Tannerite paid like $20 for 4 - 1/2 pound targets which i didn't think was too bad. Anyways I am wanting to have fun this turkey day and I was curious if anyone has any experience / tips with the stuff. Specifically on the target it says to be no less than 100 yards from the target which seems a little over cautious to me. What do you guys think?

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Probably depends on shrapnel in the immediate area of target. If you were to mix two half pound targets and blow up a tv, the 100 yards is appropriate. However a 1# target set on the ground without any potential shrapnel you would likely be safe closer.
You are responsible for your own actions.

jchip123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Take a look on youtube there are lots of videos on there showing what it can do, there is lots of potential to get hurt.

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dont know about the lesser tannerite stuff, they are 1/2 pounders and not too impressive. There is a guy named Bryan Berres ( Exploding Target Company ) he sells 1lb targets and he is local. We have shot a few 1 pounders with a 5.7 pistol at a much closer range. I guess it depends on if you set them up on anything, but laying on the dirt is not too violent. I would say 100yds is pretty safe if you use them to blow something up.

here

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've used a lot of it ! And it's about as much fun as you can have with your clothes on !! I've used it for everything from confirming hits at long range to shooting it up close with a pistol to removing beaver dams. If your going to use it to blow anything up then a hundred yards is a good minimum. If you want to shoot a half pound bag off the ground then fifteen to twenty yds is okay but for much more than that.... Well let's just say the precussion not the shrapnel is your biggest concern. If you shoot more than one pound and your vehicle is close by let's just say I learned the hard way to crack your windows !!! Granted I shot four pounds at once but seriously keep that in mind. Try some placing it inside some clay flower pots.... Awesome with about a pound and a half. Have a ball and use a heaping dose of common sense , and you should be fine. Hope you have a blast. Literally.

Garand

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recommend Tannerite and whole bunch of chemlight juice set off in a heavily wooded area!!! the after effect is one of the coolest things you'll see!

Here are a few we've done, the 1st one was done this past weekend

gkasper.smugmug.com_photos_i_Wx4jb6q_0_L_i_Wx4jb6q_XL.jpg

gkasper.smugmug.com_photos_708042159_bF9RG_XL.jpg

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone sell it in the Tulsa area?
There is a girl in Muskogee that sells something similar to tannerite but more powerful, It sales for about the same price though. I have 6 pounds I would sale for $60.00 which is what I paid for it. I can also get her # if you want it. They put one pound on a stake and then poured soured grain around the stake and waited til 4 hogs were around it eating the grain and shot the bag killing all 4 hogs at one time. They say a pound is equal to a stick of dynamite!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom