taurus 94 and 941 ???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theonetrucheese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i currently own a ruger mkII 22/45 with a ss 5in. standard barrel. it is a fine gun, and i shoot okay with it. i have heard they are a pain to take apart and have not tried to do so yet. i am thinking of either keeping it and purchasing a kel-tec .22mag when they come out, or selling it and getting a 5in ss 94 and 5in ss 941 taurus. my question is this: has anyone here had any experience with the taurus 94 or 941? if so, how are they? accuracy? reliability? etc.
thank you for your input

okie98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had a 94 briefly (until someone offered me too much money) and was pretty impressed with it. I have found most of the Taurus revolvers to be accurate and dependable.

theonetrucheese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
thank you okie98, taurus is not my favorite manufacture by far, but they have started to pay more attention to quality control and their revolvers seem to be solid.
more reviews please. ill take as much knowledge as i can get. thanks again.

TallPrairie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd be interested to hear experiences with the Taurus .22 DAs.

I sometimes take first-time shooters to the range, and most of 'em really like my S&W 617. (It's among my favorite handguns too.) The problem is that a new 617 can cost close to $700 these days!

I'd like to be able to recommend a similar .22 revolver that is more realistic in price for someone just getting interested in shooting. The Taurus 94 is the obvious choice, but I want to know more about quality and reliability before I recommend.

44minimum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No experience with that model of Taurus but I have read a couple of conflicting reviews of it. I think it was on gun blast.com and on chuck hawks website. I don't have much use for a 22 magnum because of the ammo cost but man, that keltec sure does seem like a very neat gun. A lightweight pistol with a 30 round magazine just might make me change my mind.

theonetrucheese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i have access to a very good gunsmith, and already plan on having him do a trigger job on any da revolver i purchase. besides the trigger, were there any other prolific problems?

Latest posts

Top Bottom