Taylor Swift

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Please explain to me the absolute obsession people have with Taylor Swift. It’s almost like she is treated as a deity in some circles. The only thing I can equate her to is Elvis or Princess Diana. In 50 years will she be the new “Elvis”?

I could care less either way but I know people who are so obsessed with her it is ridiculous and likely unhealthy. Every time I read the news, there is a story about her. I am thinking she just has a great publicist.

For some reason I find it interesting how obsessed people are with her and I think it goes beyond her music talent.

Thoughts?

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Escapism. She’s young, she’s pretty, and apparently she has a modicum of musical talent. People glom onto opportunities to escape the reality of their own humdrum lives, and TS represents an attractive venue for that.

I couldn’t tell you what Ms. Swift’s music sounds like though, much less how good or bad it is. If the world was made up of more people like me, Ms. Swift would probably be flipping burgers while going to school.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think you’re right about her having a great publicist, I don’t know much about her because I don’t listen to her kind of music at all,
I do know that at one of her concerts not long ago she said to her audience they should “ get away from that outdated Bible” for that reason alone I’ll never have any respect for her ( I didn’t have any before anyways )

Old Noob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
380fb1037378b417.jpeg

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Taylor who? …..kidding, I don’t live in a hole but I haven’t heard any of her music. We gotta remember the generation obsessed with her are the same ones eating Tide Pods, tablespoon fulls of cinnamon and can’t go 5 minutes without reporting some part of their life on Facebook or TikTok. Not a whole lot of substance to them.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
17y career gathers a lot of followers I guess. I was reading the other day recent tour concerts lasted 3 hours, over 40 songs. I suppose fans feel like they're getting their money's worth lol. I can remember Merle Haggard in concert once, he came out so drunk. Sang two songs and walked off.

Never personally experienced it but remember "no-show Jones"?

In comparison, sounds like Swift has a good thing going.

Latest posts

Top Bottom