Teacher can kiss his handgun license goodbye!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This teacher can probably kiss his job and his weapons permit goodbye forever.... and if convicted of a felony... lose his right to even own a weapon.

Some teacher in Lawton apparently took his brief case into his school with a 9mm handgun inside, A fellow teacher spotted the weapon and told told the principal.. who in turn contacted the police. In the mean time, the guy with the gun went & put it in his car. When police arrested him, the weapon was in the car. He is in major trouble in 2 different ways... 1. Having the gun inside the school. 2. Then putting the weapon in the vehicle and not remaining with it... instead of immediately driving it off the school property and taking it home.

I would have gotten it off of school property and taken it home immediately even if it had meant me loosing my job. It was probably going to cost him his job anyway.. and at least by taking it home, the police wouldn't have caught him with it on school grounds.

Even worse for him, now the judge has screwed him big time. If by some miracle he is found not guilty of any crime... that it was simply a accident... the judge had him involuntarily committed for a mental evaluation! My understanding is that even if he is found not to be suffering from any mental illness, a involuntary confinement like that is a permanent bar to having a license. This poor dumb idiot is probably going to be in for a very expensive lesson in why you never carry a weapon into a restricted place.

These days we just can't afford to be careless when it comes to our weapons. One little slip-up could cost anyone of us dearly.

KSWO-TV Channel 7
Lawton, OK
UPDATE: EHS teacher with gun charged with felony
Posted: Oct 12, 2012 4:10 PM CDT
Updated: Oct 12, 2012 4:10 PM CDT

LAWTON, Okla_There is new information on the Eisenhower High School teacher who was arrested after police found a gun in his briefcase at school on Thursday.

William Trice was charged with a felony for having a gun on school property. Court records show another teacher saw a 9mm pistol in Trice's briefcase, and told the principal who then contacted the school's police department.

Trice told them he brought it by accident, and when he realized it, he put the gun in his car in the school's parking lot. That's where police found it.

Trice does have a concealed-carry permit but, Friday afternoon, the judge granted bond for Trice, under the condition that he be released directly to a mental health facility, and he's not allowed on school property.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know about Oklahoma, but can't school teachers in Texas carry a concealed weapon at school with the written permission of the District's Superintendent & their school's principal... if they have a CC state permit?

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The entire situation is bad. Question, what kind of person turns in a fellow co-worker teacher for this anyway. Why didn't this person just say..."hey William, you need to get that pistol off of school property. I'll cover your class for you till you get back..."

Latest posts

Top Bottom