Teen killed by monorail while spray painting Seattle building

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There was 5 of us boys, every step we walked there was Dares being made! I never remember one of us not bandaged or broke bone!

So as it is said “for ever boy added after the first one the “dumbass mentality multiplys exponentially”!!

Very seldom was there just us 5 boys around, there was generally 3 or 4 extras, so stupid **** was through the roof around our farm!

Huh ... We had 5 girls. THAT was lovely when we all hit puberty and started cycling at the same time ... 😥😫😖😫😫😫

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Boy, some of you guys are pretty harsh. A 14 year old idiot kid doing something stupid? I think a more fitting punishment would have been removing paint from public walls and buildings for a year not death. My grandfather, when he was 12 was held after school with a friend for goofing off. He knew he’d be in big trouble for being late getting home so he tried to hop an open boxcar to get there faster. Sadly he missed the car and fell under the train being run over just below both knees. He’d have died, being cut in two at the waist had his friend not grabbed his arms and drug him out as far as he did. He went in to be a Golden Gloves boxer, operatic singer performing at the Greek Theater in Los Angeles and a Pastor touching many lives. Most importantly he had my father who had me. 😉 How different the world would have been had he died because of a stupid decision.
IMG_5033.jpeg

Frank Pope

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From the article:
"A young teen was hit by a monorail and killed while spray-painting the side of a building in Seattle, according to reports."
His mother is quoted as saying:
"Even though he was warned many times of the dangers and illegality of doing graffiti on the street, like most teenagers, I don’t think he fully grasped the reality or the danger of that."
https://nypost.com/2023/08/05/14-year-old-graffiti-artist-hit-and-killed-by-seattle-rail/
That karma, she will just not cease being a *****.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, getting hit by the monorail takes some effort.

1691371935633.png

It only goes about a mile or so. There were plans to have a city wide monorail system in the 2000s. They raised cartoons and taxes for hundreds of millions and eminent domaned a bunch of properties(later sold at a profit) and spent the rest on "consultants" it was a big scandal.

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don’t think he fully grasped the reality or the danger of that
I ran with a wild crowd in my teen days. I think that not "fully" grasping reality or danger is a part of the teenaged male's DNA. Then, sometime around 20 ish? We suddenly discover some IQ points?

And, no, I don't wish death on a teen for "tagging" a building. Apprehension. A couple hundred hours in picking up trash in Oklahoma summer. Sure, I'd go for that.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Boy, some of you guys are pretty harsh. A 14 year old idiot kid doing something stupid? I think a more fitting punishment would have been removing paint from public walls and buildings for a year not death. My grandfather, when he was 12 was held after school with a friend for goofing off. He knew he’d be in big trouble for being late getting home so he tried to hop an open boxcar to get there faster. Sadly he missed the car and fell under the train being run over just below both knees. He’d have died, being cut in two at the waist had his friend not grabbed his arms and drug him out as far as he did. He went in to be a Golden Gloves boxer, operatic singer performing at the Greek Theater in Los Angeles and a Pastor touching many lives. Most importantly he had my father who had me. 😉 How different the world would have been had he died because of a stupid decision.
View attachment 399542

You'll have to forgive OSA, sometimes too cynical for their own good. I hate graffiti, but I can't celebrate when a kid dies horrifically doing it. I'm sure a number around here grew up doing stupid chit.

user 51785

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
did all kind of dumb stuff when i was a kid, probably lucky to be living, but i never did nothing to anybodys property. can't say i'm glad he died doing graffiti, but I ain't crying neither.

Latest posts

Top Bottom