The Feds vs Cliven Bundy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairtrigger44

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Seems that it ended well for now. I am sure the federal authorities will be back. I had seen some video and am really surprise the feds did not arrest anyone as it seemed many militia there to help the ranchers had guys with their hands on guns. I saw lots of feds with guns drawn, but don't recall if any of the ranchers or militia had their weapons drawn.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The land doesn't belong to the BLM. They manage it for the American public. If the American public is prohibited from benefiting from the land, then are they really doing their jobs? Has the BLM proven that grazing the 500 cattle there have resulted in any tortoise deaths over the past 20 years?

I don't principally disagree with you, but it appears that the burden of proof does not lie with the BLM when it comes to the alleged protection of America's shelled creatures.

How do easements like this work on public land? If this land is closed, isn't the rancher free to find his own alternative public or private land?

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems that it ended well for now. I am sure the federal authorities will be back. I had seen some video and am really surprise the feds did not arrest anyone as it seemed many militia there to help the ranchers had guys with their hands on guns. I saw lots of feds with guns drawn, but don't recall if any of the ranchers or militia had their weapons drawn.

I sure wish this thread would be merged with this one:
http://www.okshooters.com/showthrea...assed-by-the-FEDS-and-confiscating-his-cattle

Most of what is being debated here is being addressed in the other thread.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it's not his land and the owner asked him to leave he should leave. As for protecting a turtle, that's a noble cause.

I don't principally disagree with you, but it appears that the burden of proof does not lie with the BLM when it comes to the alleged protection of America's shelled creatures.

How do easements like this work on public land? If this land is closed, isn't the rancher free to find his own alternative public or private land?

Actually, the feds DO own the land, as updated in this thread (page 17, post #238 if you're counting):

https://www.okshooters.com/showthre...y-the-FEDS-and-confiscating-his-cattle/page16

As for the tortoise, if you believe that's what this is really all about then I've got some ocean front property in Clark County Nevada I'd like to sell you! :thumb:

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
as for the tortoise, if you believe that's what this is really all about then i've got some ocean front property in clark county nevada i'd like to sell you! :thumb:

alleged protection of america's shelled creatures.

:thumb: ...

Thanks for the link by the way. i never thought to look for a thread about land rights in the 2A subforum. I don't agree with the handling of public land by BLM and .gov fiat, but seems pretty cut and dried to me as to the idea that the BLM can legally (again, not necessarily for the better) tell Bundy to take his bovine and GTFO.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually, the feds DO own the land, as updated in this thread (page 17, post #238 if you're counting):

https://www.okshooters.com/showthre...y-the-FEDS-and-confiscating-his-cattle/page16

As for the tortoise, if you believe that's what this is really all about then I've got some ocean front property in Clark County Nevada I'd like to sell you! :thumb:

what "side" are you on? I suppose you saw it possibly had to do with Harry Reid and the Chinese solar energy company or something?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
what "side" are you on? I suppose you saw it possibly had to do with Harry Reid and the Chinese solar energy company or something?

I'm not on any "side". I've researched this matter far meore heavily than it seems any American media outlet has bothered to. It appears to me that BOTH sides are in the wrong here and neither side is going to operate from a logical viewpoint. That's the sad irony of it all. :(

Latest posts

Top Bottom