The flu

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adluginb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the CDC is putting the flu shot at 40% effective this year. Still better odds than not getting the flu shot and being exposed.

I've got plenty of flu shots left at my pharmacy for you nay Sayers that didn't get it if you want to come on by.... I'm also the best shot giver around:)

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I did get the shot and have gotten the shot every year as far back as I can remember.

Hopefully it will help lessen the severity this time.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
that is one thing that is similar (and scary) about antibiotics. overuse, relative short term of usefulness, cost of development...

Not sure what you mean by all that. Yes, we can develop resistance, especially through overuse, but antibiotics even today save millions upon millions of lives in the US alone every year. Lots of people think we should do without them - until it's their baby with meningitis, or their grandma with pneumonia or whatever. Dumped a ton of them on a 10 year-old last night who would have probably been dead by morning.

Every blessing has its downside, but that makes it no less of a blessing.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Feeling much better today. Although last night I was sweating bad enough my clothes and sheets were soaked. I still have a cough, but the other symptoms have subsided, at least for now.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cough....cough..cough....hack...hack....hack...sneeze....cough......don't worry. I've just got allergies......hack....cough.....
I've caught every cold/flu I've ever had from people that swear they're not sick and just have allergies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom