The Tesla Electric Truck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stole this off of West Coast Choppers FB page. I'll post a link even though not everyone does FB.
I wish you would quit posting these factual items. How in the hell can the planet survive if we don't go totally EV? Gonna have to build more coal burner power plants to keep up with the charging stations!
Edit: Gonna have to do more fracking to get more natural gas for power plants!
How are we going to save the planet by taking away fossil fuel?
Greenies want to remove all dams in the US and revert the rivers to their natural flows that used to flood zillions of acres of farm ground annually, but that doesn't matter. The snail darter minnow will be safe though but the hydro capabilities will go away.
If the wind doesn't blow or the sun is shaded by clouds, how are you going to charge your vehicle with "green energy"?
How's that poor assed farmer going to work his fields at night?
Green isn't the answer folks. It might be for you urban caboys, but it isn't for the rest of the population. It has a loooooong way to go.

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Factual? Really? In what region do homes average 20kwh's per month?
The gist of the post is that the green crap isn't there yet. It's a niche market that is full of feel good stuff but is not reality in the real world.
I have no clue what even my home uses per KWH per month. I just pay the bill and move along. Our home is highly efficient.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you're worried about how much pulling power the motors will be able to muster, I believe that a lot of modern trains use electric motors.
I'm pretty sure that all (or as near to all as to make no difference) modern trains use electric motors, at least in the developed world, but, AFAIK, only local commuter-type trains are actually electric. The freight and long-haul locomotives are predominantly (exclusively?) diesel-electric hybrids--the traction motors are electric, but they carry diesel engines to generate the electricity.

They've actually been in use for around a century; the WWII Balao-class subs used basically the same powerplants as the diesel-electric locomotives of the day. There was actually consternation in the Silent Service early in the war because they were stuck with an inferior powerplant because the FM units were allocated for (or at least going to) locomotives.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that all (or as near to all as to make no difference) modern trains use electric motors, at least in the developed world, but, AFAIK, only local commuter-type trains are actually electric. The freight and long-haul locomotives are predominantly (exclusively?) diesel-electric hybrids--the traction motors are electric, but they carry diesel engines to generate the electricity.

They've actually been in use for around a century; the WWII Balao-class subs used basically the same powerplants as the diesel-electric locomotives of the day. There was actually consternation in the Silent Service early in the war because they were stuck with an inferior powerplant because the FM units were allocated for (or at least going to) locomotives.

Yep. In europe they use totally electric, but they have to string wires above the tracks.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
a2RKA6Y_460swp (1).jpg

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The gist of the post is that the green crap isn't there yet. It's a niche market that is full of feel good stuff but is not reality in the real world.
I have no clue what even my home uses per KWH per month. I just pay the bill and move along. Our home is highly efficient.

My home is also pretty efficient. In the depths of summer, i run about +/-900kwh's, in winter about +/-280 kwh's... level-pay bill at $57/mo year round. A typical refridgerator runs about 40kwh's per month. I get the gist of the article, but it's not factual.

Yes, EV's are bypass powered by fossil fuels in most areas of the grid, but as it's far cheaper than pumping gas, it's entirely plausible that it requires far less fossil fuel for like mileage. I'd have to bust out the old TX Instrument to do the actual maths. Lol

Yep. In europe they use totally electric, but they have to string wires above the tracks.

Driving across europe is like driving across Texas. It's far easier to build that infrastructure on such a small scale. There's no way we could do this continent wide.

Latest posts

Top Bottom