Thieves and Hoarders

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dru

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When you talk about ammo hoarders are you talking about the people who just happen to have a stash saved up or the ones who will go to whatever gun store they can and buy up literally as much ammo as they will be allowed to buy. The first seems like preparedness and forethought to me, the latter people just stink on ice

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The majority of hoarders will get theirs when the supply catches up and they have a bunch of overpriced ammo that they have no use for. Thieves on the other hand need to die a slow, painful death. I have not locked my pasture gate since I allow some people to quail hunt, but due to an epidemic of trailer thefts, I have purchased hitch locks for all trailers. Last week, my daughter went out after school to let my grand-daughter ride the horses and the gate was standing open. ??????????????? Luckily, no critters were out. My son seen the gate was closed when he went by on his way to work that morning. Fast forward to this morning ............. grandsons wanted to go fishing, we go by the barn and hook up the boat. Was about 5 miles down the road when trailer was swerving wildly. Stopped to check it out and had only 1 lug nut and it was halfway off. Made me think about the open gate. Also had a stock trailer, horse trailer and 2 lowboys with the boat. Just happened I had 3 bolts and nuts that would work. We get to boat launch and get the plug and tie downs, lo and behold .............. NO F******** PROP. Game cam is now mounted on side of barn facing gate, which is now and forever locked. Along with the 2x8 full of nails.

cw821

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Proud hoarder, planner aheader, and 90%'er. I started hoarding as soon as Obama got elected the first time. Sucks that the rest of you guys didn't see the writing on the wall.

This. I have all the. 22 ammo I could ever need, and not one bit of it bought since the Connecticut shooting and frenzy started. It pays to think ahead.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How much ammo is too much? How much money is too much? Is there a limit on how many kids we can have? Most stores have limits on how much ammo people can buy. So what's the problem...other than just wanting to complain. Life isn't fair or equal. Time to move on. There is plenty of ammo. Go on Gunbroker...you can buy thousands of rounds. Does it cost more than it did 6 months ago? Of course it does. Why is this so hard for people to understand? Hoarders...give me a break. When is the last time in recent years that ammo prices have gone down? With that in mind, it's only smart to buy ammo in quantity.

Latest posts

Top Bottom