Thieves and Hoarders

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
greedy a55h@ts buying up ammo just to re-sell at jacked-up prices does not reflect well on the shooting community in general. We are better than this.

Hoarding ammo in calibers you don't even shoot - just for the sake of hoarding - is as despicable as the feds making mass purchases of ammo just to dry up supply to their subjects.

exactly!!!!

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
There's a big difference between those who stock ammo for preparedness and those who buy up ammo for the sole purpose of making sure they have it and you don't which has been a common mentality through the last several months.

Difference: Bob is at the store and sees .223 is on sale. Bob sees other people waiting behind him to get some of the same ammo. Bob takes a few boxes and turns to next person and says "it's good to see this stuff on the shelf again" and walks to register. Bob is not a hoarding POS.

Fred is at the store and sees .223 is on sale. Fred sees other people waiting behind him to get some of the same ammo. Fred takes all of the ammo on the shelf and gloats as he walks to the register. Fred IS a hoarding POS.

Same scenario except this time Fred sees a woman looking on the shelves for ammo that's all gone. Fred follows woman outside and says "Looking for .223 huh?" to which woman replies "Yes, I tried such and such store earlier but they had just sold out. We're completely out of ammo at home". Then Fred says "Yup, I was at that store earlier, must have been right before you, and bought everything they had (while smiling). I don't need the ammo, I have over 4,500 rounds for just about every caliber, just wanted to add some more (followed by stupid laugh). Fred IS a POS scumbag sh*tstick hoarder. This scenario happens to be a true story other than Freds real name which is probably "@sshat".

There's a big difference between those who stock ammo for preparedness and those who buy up ammo for the sole purpose of making sure they have it and you don't which has been a common mentality through the last several months.

Difference: Bob is at the store and sees .223 is on sale. Bob sees other people waiting behind him to get some of the same ammo. Bob takes a few boxes and turns to next person and says "it's good to see this stuff on the shelf again" and walks to register. Bob is not a hoarding POS.

Fred is at the store and sees .223 is on sale. Fred sees other people waiting behind him to get some of the same ammo. Fred takes all of the ammo on the shelf and gloats as he walks to the register. Fred IS a hoarding POS.

Same scenario except this time Fred sees a woman looking on the shelves for ammo that's all gone. Fred follows woman outside and says "Looking for .223 huh?" to which woman replies "Yes, I tried such and such store earlier but they had just sold out. We're completely out of ammo at home". Then Fred says "Yup, I was at that store earlier, must have been right before you, and bought everything they had (while smiling). I don't need the ammo, I have over 4,500 rounds for just about every caliber, just wanted to add some more (followed by stupid laugh)." Fred IS a POS scumbag sh*tstick hoarder. This scenario happens to be a true story other than Freds real name which is probably "@sshat".

Dang Brandi, Fred pissed you off so bad that you posted that twice!

It's called the human race, meaning it's a contest...

If that were true it would make for one lonely assed struggle of a life ... really glad that it's not.

Unfortunately there are a lot of people with the "it's a contest" philosophy.

I haven't bought any ammo since last summer. I don't like standing in line.

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When was the last time, if ever, any of you asked the guy in line behind you what he wanted? Looking out for #1 right. It would be a shame if your stock pile fell below 4000 rounds....

That's a noble thought, and that kind of courtesy did exist 60ish years ago. But it's not the way the world works now. You still see patches of that old time civility and decency here and there, but for the most part we live in a cynical world where every man fends for himself.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unfortunately there are a lot of people with the "it's a contest" philosophy.
True enough, sadly - for both themselves and those who have to be around them.

I haven't bought any ammo since last summer. I don't like standing in line.
Standing in line (like it or not - usually not) is one of several abilities acquired and perfected in the military, and one of the few that has been directly applicable to and served me well in civilian life.

SoonerBorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's a noble thought, and that kind of courtesy did exist 60ish years ago. But it's not the way the world works now. You still see patches of that old time civility and decency here and there, but for the most part we live in a cynical world where every man fends for himself.

Yeah, those good old' days when men burned crosses in yards, women stayed home and gays stayed in the closet. ...*longing sigh*....

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I'm a glass mostly full type of personality, and I truly believe that kind of courtesy still exists for the most parts.

Its the individual scum sucking flippers that have brought a blight on the shooting community.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have to disagree as I still see that kind of courtesy, civility, and decency in most of my transactions with others - perhaps because they recognized and return it. In my experience it's really only a few ... hmm ... "detached individuals" for lack of a more colorful term ... that live in that so cynical world where every man fends for himself, attempting to justify their own behavior as the norm.

Latest posts

Top Bottom