Thinking about a Glock 36...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As you can probably tell by my screen name, I'm a Glock guy. I have owned almost every Glock in the fleet at least once in my life for the last 26 years (I bought my first one - a G22 in 1991). But I've never owned a Glock 36.

I've owned both a 21 and a 30 and hated the massive grips on both. The "single stack" design (I call it semi-staggered, like the 42/43) imtrigues me. Any G36 owners here? What are your thoughts/pros and cons about the 36?

:thanku:

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yo:
Former
36 owner; I loved the pistol and man could I ever shoot it well too, but I realized after awhile that I loved the 19 a bit more. After all, they are really dang close in size, and while the 36 is a .45, carries 6+1, the 19 is a 9...but a 16 +1 of 9!

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That seems to be everybody's main gripe about the 36 - low capacity.

But yet, guys who carry a G43 don't beech about 6+1 of 9mm. And the 1911 guys don't complain about 6+1 in the officer size pistol.

What about the shot placement theory? If you hit what you shoot at, 6+1 should be sufficient, right?

Hell, I carried a 5 shot revolver for years and never really felt outgunned. But then again, the most risque place I might frequent is a movie theater every blue moon or so.

Yeah...6+1 of .45ACP is plenty for me.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got one when they first came out. Jammed a lot, got rid of it. Shot one (a rental) a few years later and it was perfect. A friend of mine that was with me put all 6 rounds in one ragged hole at 10 yards.
Nothing really wrong with a .45 sixgun :)

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had one for years. I liked it but I prefer the wider grip of one of the 30 models. I shouldnt have gotten rid of it but I need some tracking collars and a friend wanted to trade and they were worth more than the gun so... The fact that it fit the same holsters as a 19/23 was nice since I have a 23 also.

Oh and they do now make the 36 with or without the rail.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I owned a G36 at one point.

I found it larger than the G43, and the .45 was harder to control in such a frame for me.

G43 is my current carry piece when i can, with my LCP as a backup.

Latest posts

Top Bottom