Thinking about a Glock 36...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had one for awhile, but I just didn’t like it as much as I thought I would. When compared with my S&W 1911-SC, I have more round capacity than the 36 and it fits my hands better. The Glock website doesn’t mention having a gen-4 36.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That seems to be everybody's main gripe about the 36 - low capacity.

But yet, guys who carry a G43 don't beech about 6+1 of 9mm. And the 1911 guys don't complain about 6+1 in the officer size pistol...

...True; I carry a 43 and don't complain about the 6+1 capacity with it, but it is a LOT smaller than a 36, and I mean a whole lot smaller than the 36, which is about the same size as a 19/23/32. It boils down to this, for me anyway: The 36 has 6+1 of 45; the 19 has 15+1 of 9mm (the 23 has 13+1 of 40) - I'd rather have a LOT more (16) 9mm rounds in the same size package as a few (7) 45 rounds. BUT, the bit about shot placement is oh-so-true so whatever "floateth your boateth" ... capiche?

So, did they ever make the 36 in a gen4? I've never seen one. :scratch:

NO. The 36 is non-generational.

Engineman1960

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I started with a Glock 19Gen2; Had Glock upgrade the grip frame to a Gen3, upper and lower serial numbers, don't match, my Gen2/3 is now coupled to an Advantage Arms .22lr conversion.

Enter the Glock 36 (Tupperware Box)years ago,

If you look at the specs, the grip dimensions for the Glock 30 aren't that different, plus 4 more rounds, bought one, but there sure is a feel difference.

Enter the Glock 30SF, traded my Glock 30 for a new Glock 30SF, grip size feels pretty good, recoil is manageable.

Then enter LAPD SIS Squad:
http://www.tactical-life.com/firearms/lapds-elite-sis-tactical-detective-squad/2/;

There decision to go to the Glock 30S:
http://dailycaller.com/2013/06/10/gun-review-lapds-sis-k-i-s-s-pistol-goes-public/

Glock 30S, Glock 30SF frame and Glock 36 upper -- Traded for one of those -- little bit more recoil than regular Glock 30SF

I know where you are. -- I have the Glock 30S, still like my Glock 19Gen4 -- I really like the Sig Sauer P320C Platform.

Decision Suck -- If you have no options, it is easy to figure out what you have to do, when you have endless options; you go in circles -- if you ask me how much I have in my Glock 30S -- I don't want to do the math -- I buy high and sell low and make it up in volume. Sorry for the story -- it would be funny if it was someone else.

If your are ever in Broken Arrow, You can shoot my Glock 30S, good luck on your search!

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I just saw a Gen4 Glock 36 with rail on GunBroker in the used section. Now, I will say I liked my 36. It shot great the one problem I had was the fact that it would rub a blister on my middle finger ( no comments please). Now that I have undercut the trigger guard on so many Glocks I know how to fix the problem I would own another one.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for all the comments guys, I really appreciate it. :thumb:

I just really need a .45 for my collection. I have two .38 Specials, a .357 Magnum, a 9mm, two .40s, a .25 Baby Browning and a pair of 12 guage scatterguns.

I like and appreciate the 1911 platform, but it's just not prudent for my needs. I also like the S&W 3rd gen autos like the 5906 and 4006 but their single stack .45s just feel funny. I don't care for the M&P series and I absolutely don't like Sigs or XDs.

So...that brings us to Glock. The 21 and 30 are too fat. I also held a 30SF and couldn't really tell a difference betwixt the two.

I dunno. I hate to buy a 36 and not like it because they're a beech to try to sell.

tkdgeek

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 30 and enjoy shooting it. I tried out the 36 a couple times as a rental before I bought my 30 and found the grip a bit different and not as stable for me personally. You couldn't have made me believe it before I got it but that 30 is definitely heavier and harder to carry from something bit lighter like the 17 or my HK9mm,

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just saw a Gen4 Glock 36 with rail on GunBroker in the used section. Now, I will say I liked my 36. It shot great the one problem I had was the fact that it would rub a blister on my middle finger ( no comments please). Now that I have undercut the trigger guard on so many Glocks I know how to fix the problem I would own another one.

Well, I never heard of a Gen 4 G36, and Glock doesn't have such a pistol listed on their website; not that I can find anyway. But I did find a Gen 3 36 on Gunbroker with rail...is this the one?
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/713466819 I tend to believe that a Gen 4 G36 does in fact exist, that is if my man 1911master says it be, I believe him; after all, the man has Ninja-like skills, and I sure don't want no Ninja whoopin' up on me!

Latest posts

Top Bottom