This is disturbing on so many levels ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

purplehaze

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
tRdoc said:
I don't think anyone here is blaming poor people... they're blaming LAZY people who think they're ENTITLED. In fact, several have specifically said they are willing to help those in NEED, especially those who are trying or who truly CAN'T help themselves. Laziness isn't the same thing by a country mile.

If you don't see a difference, then the problem is yours, IMNSHO.

What I have seen is people on this thread blaming everyone on government assistance not just the lazy in fact most of the posts are equating the two.

purplehaze

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1shott said:
If the money they get is in the form of public assistance, then yes, they should be told what they can and cannot buy. As far as I am concerned they should only be able to get basic staples, beans, flour, rice etc. No cokes, sweets or most pre packaged products. You go on the .gov teat, you give up alot of your personal rights to choose.
In case you have not noticed, there is a culture out there, that make it their "job of choice" to suck at the teat of the .gov, and that causes myself and others to have to pay more in taxes, which means I and others then have less of what we work for to maintain and improve our way of life, which is why I work, to better my situation in life not that of others.

So, we should create a class that the constitution doesn't apply too. Sounds familiar where have I heard that before.

Edgar Derby

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
How about a homework assignment for OSAers? Early Monday morning go to your nearest SSI or DHS office(it will be crowded), and count the number of people in wheel chairs or with missing limbs. You'll probably have a hard time finding 1.

Next, count the number of people walking with ease, chatting on cell phones or looking like they just got back from the beach, from the club or just got out of the back of a strangers car.

It'll be fun, I swear.

Talacker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is the solution: County bean warehouses. Go and get all the beans you can carry. Nobody goes hungry. Or obese.

purplehaze

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Edgar Derby said:
How about a homework assignment for OSAers? Early Monday morning go to your nearest SSI or DHS office(it will be crowded), and count the number of people in wheel chairs or with missing limbs. You'll probably have a hard time finding 1.

Next, count the number of people walking with ease, chatting on cell phones or looking like they just got back from the beach, from the club or just got out of the back of a strangers car.

It'll be fun, I swear.

So missing limbs is the standard to receive assistance?

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

It'll be fun, I swear.

What about those with mental illnesses, do they not deserve help?

Face it people, you can support these people via the guberment checks or you can support them through theft.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Society is always gonna have the turds. You really can't stop it. I'm tend to believe some of the big money/power weilders yank the economy around more than the welfare class.

I just wish they weren't so fertile.
That goes for the quasi self-sufficient slobs too, though.

I have a niece who is an unmarried, high school dropout, and deliberately had a child she couldn't afford to raise on her own.

Since she is part of my family and I know the circumstances well, I can state the reasons she had that child clearly and unequivocally.

Having a child was the ONLY bright spot in her otherwise depressing and drab life.
That child is the ONLY cheerful thing in her miserable life.

She didn't have that girl to draw a welfare check. She had that girl because she wanted something cheerful in her life.
Something other than a cheap run down rent house and a car that's broken most of the time.

She works full time as a waitress, but doesn't earn much.

I'm not saying I approve.
Just saying I think I have a clue why so many poor people have so many children.
And why so many well to do people have so few.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom