This is disturbing on so many levels ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

itzkwik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The SSI office SUCKs,had to go there last year,I would say 50% were just lazy but that was just from my visual perspective,I have no clue what their lives are really like. Now on the other hand either there were either some good actors or these people had some REAL mental issues cuz they made me nervous and annoyed,you could tell they were not right in the head.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, with zero information you all want to decide who gets to spend their money and for what. How do you know the people you are mad at make a living off of welfare? Oh yea you don't . You are making huge generalizations based on your have personal experience that are a tiny insignificant percentage of the welfare population. Blaming poor people for the US economy doesn't make much sense.

I don't see anyone "blaming poor people". I do, however, see a lot of people blaming the folks who game the system and shoot out babies like they are a Pez dispenser.

purplehaze

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BadgeBunny said:
I don't see anyone "blaming poor people". I do, however, see a lot of people blaming the folks who game the system and shoot out babies like they are a Pez dispenser.

So, it's the dang rich people living high mighty off the enormous amount one receives while on government assistance... I knew it I just knew it.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, it's the dang rich people living high mighty off the enormous amount one receives while on government assistance... I knew it I just knew it.

You can get high and mighty with me all you want but when I worked at Whitaker's Market (which was my SECOND job btw -- my first: working for lawyers) it was not unusual for Mexican families to come in with a $1000 bucks on their Access Cards at the first of the month.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a niece who is an unmarried, high school dropout, and deliberately had a child she couldn't afford to raise on her own.

Since she is part of my family and I know the circumstances well, I can state the reasons she had that child clearly and unequivocally.

Having a child was the ONLY bright spot in her otherwise depressing and drab life.
That child is the ONLY cheerful thing in her miserable life.

She didn't have that girl to draw a welfare check. She had that girl because she wanted something cheerful in her life.
Something other than a cheap run down rent house and a car that's broken most of the time.

She works full time as a waitress, but doesn't earn much.

I'm not saying I approve.
Just saying I think I have a clue why so many poor people have so many children.
And why so many well to do people have so few.

Since you stated why she had the child, that she could not afford with no way of supporting herself or the child, not to offend you at all, but that mind set is exactly whats wrong with the system. She wants to brighten her life, how about going back to school and getting a education, joing the peace corps, something instead of haveing a kid that taxpayers are going to have to support., Again not intending to insult you at all, but stating the obvious, that attitude is part of the problem, not the solution.
Ya she waits tables, good for her, until she wants to brighten her life again, then what, the circle repeats itself.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a niece who is an unmarried, high school dropout, and deliberately had a child she couldn't afford to raise on her own.

Since she is part of my family and I know the circumstances well, I can state the reasons she had that child clearly and unequivocally.

Having a child was the ONLY bright spot in her otherwise depressing and drab life.
That child is the ONLY cheerful thing in her miserable life.

She didn't have that girl to draw a welfare check. She had that girl because she wanted something cheerful in her life.
Something other than a cheap run down rent house and a car that's broken most of the time.

She works full time as a waitress, but doesn't earn much.

I'm not saying I approve.
Just saying I think I have a clue why so many poor people have so many children.
And why so many well to do people have so few.

I can totally understand that logic. I never said the folks I was talking about have kids for the checks; correlation does not imply causation.

In reality I, and many people I know, are not all that far removed from such miserable lives. I don't think I know many people who can truly afford the kids they raise/raised. Doesn't mean they are bad parents.

My rant was really more about horrible parents than welfare, and I guess off topic a bit. It just so happened the group in my story were on assistance. Being poor, or being on welfare certainly does not mean you are a bad parent. Being an abusive slob, and giving your obese 7 year old a Monster energy drink and a bag of Fritos to snack on while you fill you cruise Wally World in your complimentary LardScoot does. It's physical and emotional child abuse.

I know lots of the poor and miserable that wanted their kids to be happy and comfortable, not keep intentionally keep them down. Therein lies the distinction.

Your niece busting her ass is a good role model for her kid. Gives the kid an idea that there is more out there, that life can get better. LardScoot Wal-Mart mommas fattening up their kids is just setting the kids up for failure. If you have a kid, your apathy and complacency take a back seat to ensuring the kid has a decent chance of being well-adjusted. Other than keeping the kid alive, that's your most basic responsibility. That's your debt to the kid.

/offtopic horrible parent rant, sorry guise. I wish fertility increased along with a basic sense of right and wrong.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can totally understand that logic. I never said the folks I was talking about have kids for the checks; correlation does not imply causation.

In reality I, and many people I know, are not all that far removed from such miserable lives. I don't think I know many people who can truly afford the kids they raise/raised. Doesn't mean they are bad parents.

My rant was really more about horrible parents than welfare, and I guess off topic a bit. It just so happened the group in my story were on assistance. Being poor, or being on welfare certainly does not mean you are a bad parent. Being an abusive slob, and giving your obese 7 year old a Monster energy drink and a bag of Fritos to snack on while you fill you cruise Wally World in your complimentary LardScoot does. It's physical and emotional child abuse.

/offtopic, sorry guise.

Agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom