This is disturbing on so many levels ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

itzkwik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Send em to Somalia to help with the rfugees who are starving to death,I'm sure there are plenty of mothers who would willingly watch there healthy children whi are still alive for them so they could help out or should we say earn some food stamps.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since you stated why she had the child, that she could not afford with no way of supporting herself or the child, not to offend you at all, but that mind set is exactly whats wrong with the system. She wants to brighten her life, how about going back to school and getting a education, joing the peace corps, something instead of haveing a kid that taxpayers are going to have to support., Again not intending to insult you at all, but stating the obvious, that attitude is part of the problem, not the solution.
Ya she waits tables, good for her, until she wants to brighten her life again, then what, the circle repeats itself.
You'll get no argument from me.

If I had my way she would get her GED and some kind of training that would enable her earn enough to support herself and her little girl.

I'm just offering some personal insight into the mechanics of how poverty works and how it perpetuates itself.

purplehaze

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BadgeBunny said:
You can get high and mighty with me all you want but when I worked at Whitaker's Market (which was my SECOND job btw -- my first: working for lawyers) it was not unusual for Mexican families to come in with a $1000 bucks on their Access Cards at the first of the month.

I don't think I got high and mighty, but statistics will show you that the vast majority of welfare recipients use it just like you did. They got on it when they had great need and then got off of it when they get on their feet.
I would never work for lawyers 

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think I got high and mighty, but statistics will show you that the vast majority of welfare recipients use it just like you did. They got on it when they had great need and then got off of it when they get on their feet.
I would never work for lawyers 

Like I said ... I had to take jobs that were not what I wanted.

And again, I don't see anyone here disparaging the folks who used it when they needed it and got off it. If they were, they'd be tearing me a new one.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You'll get no argument from me.

If I had my way she would get her GED and some kind of training that would enable her earn enough to support herself and her little girl.

I'm just offering some personal insight into the mechanics of how poverty works and how it perpetuates itself.

Gotcha, good luck to her...

purplehaze

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BadgeBunny said:
Like I said ... I had to take jobs that were not what I wanted.

And again, I don't see anyone here disparaging the folks who used it when they needed it and got off it. If they were, they'd be tearing me a new one.

It seems "those people on welfare" has a different meaning to you than to me.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It seems "those people on welfare" has a different meaning to you than to me.

Apparently. "Those people on welfare" to me, means those people who ride it like a dying horse ... shoot out babies like they are Pez dispensers ... who lie about who is in the household to bump up their benefits ... who only work jobs that will pay them cash under the table so they don't lose their benefits ... who teach their kids to be "disabled" and encourage "learning disabilities" to get SSI ...

I could go on and on as I've seen all this firsthand, but I think you get the picture. Vast majority or not, they are a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom