Three Angels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good story, glad it ends well. When I was a kid, my grandmother had a flat tire on the street. A house mover was moving a house in our direction down the street. She started praying for a solution, and a man came from nowhere and helped us change her tire. She said he was our angel.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You didn't find the original wheel?

That happened to us once in Colorado with a small RV with dual rear wheels. The RV had a bent axle, so it sheared the bolts. I look out the window when one tire goes flying by the driver's side and off to the right. I'm about to wonder where the wheel came from when the RV drops on the left side and the second wheel goes flying by on the left side. Got both tires back, but the only thing that kept me from walking a long ways for the second tire was that it hit a post of the fence on the opposite side of the interstate.

At any rate, it's good to know that Okies are still nice people. As Okies, we still get to demonstrate that here in Utah.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good story Darren - Glad everything worked-out. But, it had to be a pain in the butt to live through.

Thanks for the reminder to tighten (check for tight) the lug nuts every time before towing. I’ve skipped that step a few times with the 5th wheel RV and have flirted with disaster. I’ve been lucky.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good story Darren - Glad everything worked-out. But, it had to be a pain in the butt to live through.

Thanks for the reminder to tighten (check for tight) the lug nuts every time before towing. I’ve skipped that step a few times with the 5th wheel RV and have flirted with disaster. I’ve been lucky.

Yeppers...

...with our home on wheels, every time we prepare to move, I'm out under the slides with the torque wrench, air pressure gauge, and air hose.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
You didn't find the original wheel?

That happened to us once in Colorado with a small RV with dual rear wheels. The RV had a bent axle, so it sheared the bolts. I look out the window when one tire goes flying by the driver's side and off to the right. I'm about to wonder where the wheel came from when the RV drops on the left side and the second wheel goes flying by on the left side. Got both tires back, but the only thing that kept me from walking a long ways for the second tire was that it hit a post of the fence on the opposite side of the interstate.

At any rate, it's good to know that Okies are still nice people. As Okies, we still get to demonstrate that here in Utah.

Never found the wheel. In the pic with the gouge marks from the shackle bolts you can see how thick the brush was. That's the thickest 100 yard stretch in the two miles from I35 to the lake lodge. Couldn't happened in a worse place. I had to drag it a ways to pull off. We walked both sides a few times and couldn't see a thing. I wasn't going to wade through poison ivy either. I breakout looking at the crap!

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never found the wheel. In the pic with the gouge marks from the shackle bolts you can see how thick the brush was. That's the thickest 100 yard stretch in the two miles from I35 to the lake lodge. Couldn't happened in a worse place. I had to drag it a ways to pull off. We walked both sides a few times and couldn't see a thing. I wasn't going to wade through poison ivy either. I breakout looking at the crap!

I would have to agree that a new wheel and tire would be less expensive AND much more comfortable.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good on you! There's black panthers in them woods.

Latest posts

Top Bottom