Time frame on returning a new car?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Isn't there a two day window on returning a new car? We bought a new car today and when we got it home we found some scratches on the hatchback door. The car had 8 miles on it and the sales person said it was perfect. I know now I should have looked it over better now. I've never bought with this dealership before and hope they take care of it. If they act like they won't ,then I may return it. I just wondered how many days I had to do so. Thanks.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Isn't there a two day window on returning a new car? We bought a new car today and when we got it home we found some scratches on the hatchback door. The car had 8 miles on it and the sales person said it was perfect. I know now I should have looked it over better now. I've never bought with this dealership before and hope they take care of it. If they act like they won't ,then I may return it. I just wondered how many days I had to do so. Thanks.

It's all yours. You can't return a car.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think you have 3 days if the car is delivered to you or something like that. I was giving the lady hell when I bought my bike and she explained it to me but I wasn't really paying that much attention. Said if you picked it up on the lot it was yours.

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You have 3 days to return it as long as you take your lawyer with you because they will deny it or say you had it 4 days...(Remember that 8 hours is a day.)

SlammerG_89

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Which dealership did you get it from?

JxxxOxxxE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think you guys are wrong....Unless you have something in writing from the dealership stating a return period, I am pretty sure once you signed for it, that its yours....not 2 hours later, not 2 days later....its yours...

Although I would like to know 100%, but I am pretty sure that's how it is...I don't know about the delivery versus on the lot bit though....maybe that does make a difference...

Along the same line as this, I've always heard that Oklahoma was an "As Is" state is regard to used vehicles/items, unless someone was intentionally trying to mislead you....You buy a used car, you drive it home, transmission goes out tomorrow, its on you....not to say that you couldn't get the owner to help you out, but I'm not sure they have a legal responsibility to do so...

Where's all the lawyers on here....some one enlighten us....

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Typically, the Lemon-Laws only cover "defective" - if it was scratched at the dealership, you might be in a murky area (and if you took it off the lot and then noticed the scratches, they might question whether you did it or they did). If the dealership does take care of you, I'd brag on them for a while - they're giving some pretty awesome customer service at that point.

http://www.carlemon.com/lemon/OK_law.html

Latest posts

Top Bottom