Timothy Harper arrested..... finally! Idiot.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The charges look good to me, but he will still get off.

They just let 500 felons out of prison.
The people they released were no longer felons--the legislature redefined those crimes to be misdemeanors, and they made it retroactive, as their main purpose was to ease prison overcrowding. The ones who had other felony convictions are still in prison. (That is assuming that the news reports I saw were accurate; I haven't researched the statutes myself.)

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, he was charged with a felony and it is a $100k cash only bond.
Even if a bail bondsman only charges 10%, that's still $10K he'd have to fork over. Ouch.

ETA: I wasn't familiar with cash-only bonds, so I did a quick search and found this:
What does cash-only bail mean?
Now let’s say the judge sets your bail at $1,000 Cash Only. It means the judge does not want you going to a bail bondsman. And doesn’t want the bondsman to sign a contract for this one. They want you to pay the total amount up-front to the court. Usually, this is an effort to make it more difficult for someone to be bailed out.
-- https://www.sportsmansbailbonds.com/blog/what-is-a-cash-only-bail
Double ouch.

Last edited:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well now I (think I) know what’s legal and what isn’t legal. I let my permit lapse end of September. But if I conceal a little .380 all the time, concealed is concealed and I ain’t gonna worry much. Especially not with the Timothy Harpers out there getting all the attention.

Edit: and also don’t shoot my d**k off in a Walmart.

What concerns me, although I haven't let my permit lapse yet, is that sure concealed is concealed, but if you reacted to a shooting in a restaurant and they just happen to serve alcohol...... then it's a felony.

Latest posts

Top Bottom