Tinker Airshow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Being prior Navy, I prefer the Blue Angels and Fat Albert, but the thunderbirds will do.
I prefer the Angel's as well. I have seen them once and the Thunderbirds twice. The performance is fairly similar in my opinion, but the Hornet is just a more impressive platform to me. Fat Albert is still one of the coolest things I have seen at ANY airshow. He set the field on fire too lol.

Sent from my SCH-R890 using Tapatalk

spamby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I worked our units F16 display several years ago at Tinker. Blue Angels were the main attraction. T-Birds would be great to see.

Sent from rotary phone.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've seen both of the American teams many times, even hung out with the pilots after the show a couple of times, but for my money, I still think the Snowbirds are at the top of the list. Our guys are flying front-line fighters with thrust-to-weight ratios exceeding unity; they can literally accelerate straight up. The Snowbirds are flying trainers, which takes considerably more skill in energy management, and a larger formation at that.

Then again, I still miss the Red Baron Stearman Squadron; their nickname was the "dancing elephants."

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Going Saturday with my g/f and son. We have front row seats in section 7. Sunday is OFAST in Wyandotte. I'll be there with my son Sunday.

Thunderbirds? Is that the Blue Angels' JV?

TPower

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anyone know if that parking area shown on S. Douglas at Staff Dr. is off-base or on-base? Wondering if we decided to drive 2+ hours to get there if I'm gonna have to leave my firearm(s) at home? :(

<edit> I'm not finding info on Tulsa airshows on Google.
as to being on a federal military base firearms are not allowed period. the parking area is off base but I would not even bring your firearm with you leave it at home.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've seen both of the American teams many times, even hung out with the pilots after the show a couple of times, but for my money, I still think the Snowbirds are at the top of the list. Our guys are flying front-line fighters with thrust-to-weight ratios exceeding unity; they can literally accelerate straight up. The Snowbirds are flying trainers, which takes considerably more skill in energy management, and a larger formation at that.
I prefer the piston-powered demos; there's just something about hearing the big radials on Whistling Death or the Flying Fortress flying low overhead. Plus, they move so much slower that they spend more time in good viewing range; the F18s and F16s just have to carry too much airspeed.

FWIW, a friend of mine got to see the Blue Angels when they were still flying A4 Skyhawks, and he said that was a better show--the little hot rod A4s just had more maneuverability and could come in slower so they were in better view longer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom