Going to the Tinker Commissary and PX ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone know what gate you enter as a visitor? I haven’t been a dependent since college but my dad’s widow needs to go Friday for something and I’m driving her.
The person that I spoke to today said to use the Air Depot Blvd. gate and go straight to the Visitors Center and get checked in.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think you'll find the prices somewhat higher than off-base in the BX/PX and Commissary. I find that the crowds that used to shop at these venues has dropped off significantly in the last couple of years. (Covid probably). You may not like the "winding curves" going on base after getting through the Air Depot gate.
But you also have access to the MWR Rental and can rent equipment a lot more reasonable than other places. I rented a stump grinder some years back and used it a couple of hours and the cost was nominal.
It's an experience for sure, Popeyes Chicken is in the Food Court and we stop there periodically, you might like fried chicken yourself. The Food Court doesn't charge taxes either.

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think you'll find the prices somewhat higher than off-base in the BX/PX and Commissary. I find that the crowds that used to shop at these venues has dropped off significantly in the last couple of years. (Covid probably). You may not like the "winding curves" going on base after getting through the Air Depot gate.
But you also have access to the MWR Rental and can rent equipment a lot more reasonable than other places. I rented a stump grinder some years back and used it a couple of hours and the cost was nominal.
It's an experience for sure, Popeyes Chicken is in the Food Court and we stop there periodically, you might like fried chicken yourself. The Food Court doesn't charge taxes either.
POPEYES!

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where's the MWR at, and where is the liquor store at? I've never seen either.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
https://www.basedirectory.com/tinker-afb-directory/express-class-six
They put most of the Class 6s in a shoppette or have turned the traditional Class 6s into shoppettes. They've done this both on AFBs and Army posts. The last real Class 6 I actually went to was on Nellis during Shot a few years ago, and they still had an "Express" inside, which is an extra small shoppette.
Interesting. Was never like that on Marine Corps Installations. The Hale Koa Resort had liquor on the shelves across from the pancake mix, lol.

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never have been and I'm thinking about going to the Tinker PX and Commissary one day next week just for the heck of it to look around.

I'm a honorably discharged Army VN vet with 3 yrs. of active service, carry a copy of my DD214 in my wallet along with my VA card and I've got one of those new Real ID's......mama is Asian and has been a naturalized U.S. citizen since 1977 and also has a Real ID.

Will we be able to get on base and go to the PX and Commissary with what we have for identification ?
You need to register at the Tinker gate. Tinker uses a "trusted party" for access. If the driver of a vehicle is authorized for access then all persons in his vehicle need not be registered or show IDs.

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Branches that call it a BX:
Jake Gyllenhaal Love GIF

Branches that call it a PX:
American Wrestling GIF
And branches that call it a NEX? Superheroes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom