Going to the Tinker Commissary and PX ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As of August 31 they did away with retirement badges, e mail I got said to get on base you need a copy of your SF50 and real ID, so don't know about shopping on base or even getting on, not that I really want to other than to visit some old friends, I don't have a real ID.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
According to the Department of Defense, starting Jan. 1, 2020, all service-connected Veterans, Purple Heart recipients, former prisoners of war (POW), and individuals approved and designated as the primary family caregivers of eligible Veterans under the Department of Veterans Affairs Program of Comprehensive Assistance for Family Caregivers (PCAFC) can use commissaries, exchanges, and Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) retail facilities, in-person and online.

Veterans must possess a Veteran Health Identification Card (VHIC) that displays “PURPLE HEART,” “FORMER POW,” or “SERVICE CONNECTED” below the photo on the front of the card. If an eligible Veteran is not eligible to obtain a VHIC, the VA Health Eligibility Center Form H623A indicating placement in VA health care priority group 8E, paired with an acceptable credential, like a REAL ID-compliant driver’s license or U.S. passport, will be accepted. For information on enrolling in VA health care, visit www.va.gov/healthbenefits/enroll.

https://news.va.gov/67974/commissar...ccess-extended-veterans-beginning-january/[/U

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone know what gate you enter as a visitor? I haven’t been a dependent since college but my dad’s widow needs to go Friday for something and I’m driving her.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone know what gate you enter as a visitor? I haven’t been a dependent since college but my dad’s widow needs to go Friday for something and I’m driving her

Believe it's TInker Gate. If you're going to Sill, it's Sheridan Gate off Rogers Lane.

Tinker AFB Visitor Center​

Tinker Air Force Base Welcome & Visitors Center

S Air Depot Blvd. Oklahoma City, OK 73145
Phone

: 1 (405) 734-5191

https://mybaseguide.com/tinker-air-force-base-welcome-center

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In addition to the above, access to post is not the same as PX/Commissary privileges. If you're allowed base access, you can use the Shoppettes, food court/vendors, and fuel services. You don't need PX/Commissary privileges for that. Class 6 should be the same way
Booze you have to show a military ID Current/reserve/retired.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Branches that call it a BX:
Jake Gyllenhaal Love GIF

Branches that call it a PX:
American Wrestling GIF

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First off I want to thank everyone that took the time to reply to my question.....much appreciated.

I called the PX a little while ago and was able to talk to a fella that works there and is also retired military and he said that with my current VA card that just says "VA Healthcare Enrollee" under my picture that I would be able to purchase anything I wanted (at both the PX and Commissary tax free) except guns, booze and something else I can't recall.

BUT.

If I get a card that also says "Service Connected", which I guess tells them that I'm a disabled vet, under the "VA Healthcare Enrollee" I will be able to purchase booze, guns and whatever else it was the fella at the PX said.

Just got off the phone with a very nice and helpfull gal at the VA in OKC in the "Eligibility Dept." and she said that the info I was given is correct and that I had two options.....I could either drive up and get a new picture taken for my new card or she could have a new card printed with the "Service Connected" notation on it using my old picture and I told her to just use my old picture for now and when my current card expires in Feb. 2025 I'd drive up and get a new picture taken at that time. She then told me that the card will probably come sooner but if I didn't have it by Oct. 15th to give her a call.

Thanks again to all those that took the time to reply.

Latest posts

Top Bottom