Tip counter help @ salvage yard?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Preacherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you expected to tip the counter help at a salvage yard? I picked up a part today and one employee pulled some cash out of his pocket and said "this is not tip" and put it in the register. Then when I paid a different guy looked to the first and said "he has enough money left for a tip."

Last edited:

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
on an unrelated note, do you all tip for a hair cut? If you do, what's the standard amount? 15 percent?

Yep, I tip for a haircut, usually $5 bucks; but then again, I just go to Supercuts or whatever's cheap to get my bumpy old noggin trimmed.

Kiyot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
on an unrelated note, do you all tip for a hair cut? If you do, what's the standard amount? 15 percent?

I think it is one thing that is kind of customary, I didn't for the longest time because I was being cheap but have been making up for it. I try to go too long between haircuts because of working nights and not taking the time, so I've just started giving him a $20 bill. I'm not sure what the haircut is but think it's proly around $12-14 so figure between a tip and an extra couple cuts that's best. Go to Leroy in MWC, is a Barber Hall of Famer, and cut my hair for the first time almost 30 years ago.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a customer named Jim Menzick that was a barber. I had just finished his bike, and he had just finished paying the counter. he handed me a 20 and said, "Thanks Super Dave. Always tip your barber." Then gave me a wink. Now I always tip my barber. Never have tipped the salvage yard.

Latest posts

Top Bottom