Tip counter help @ salvage yard?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think Uncle JB has a tip jar at his office. If you want him to take the case, you pay the fees. If you want him to win, you donate to the tip jar.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's absurd! I agree that they were trying to pressure you into tipping.

First of all, I have never been to a salvage yard with good service.

I have never been to a salvage yard that acted like they even wanted my business, much less give service that would merit a tip.

Unfortunately, in my experience, good service any where, is mostly a thing of the past.

I do tip my barber, and good service when I can find it.

I have been told by many that I am a big tipper, but I do not find decent service at most places.

This.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They may be working a scam on the business. Sell you something for $40 and then ring it up for $30. Now they have a $10 "tip". Not everyone wants receipts and they have the ability to negotiate their parts prices. I'm not saying this is what was happening, but it's a possibility with cash sales and the ability to flex on prices.

prophet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My customers tip me all the time, I also look at the stuff we are making for them and see what i can do to make it more efficient and save them money. When a customer tips me if someone helped me on their job i either split the tip with them or buy the shop lunch depending on the tip amount.

hanson405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My customers tip me all the time, I also look at the stuff we are making for them and see what i can do to make it more efficient and save them money. When a customer tips me if someone helped me on their job i either split the tip with them or buy the shop lunch depending on the tip amount.
Sure, but you are going out of your way to help them. They didn't walk in and say "I need blah blah blah, for a blah blah blah", you hand it to them, and then hold your hand out for extra money.

My thinking, and as usual, i'm sure it is flawed: If they have a tip jar or need to ask for a tip, they probably don't deserve or need it.

On occasion, I've had a customer leave a tip, their change, whatever, and say thanks for your service, but it is NEVER something I'd ask for.

prophet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sure, but you are going out of your way to help them. They didn't walk in and say "I need blah blah blah, for a blah blah blah", you hand it to them, and then hold your hand out for extra money.

My thinking, and as usual, i'm sure it is flawed: If they have a tip jar or need to ask for a tip, they probably don't deserve or need it.

On occasion, I've had a customer leave a tip, their change, whatever, and say thanks for your service, but it is NEVER something I'd ask for.

I will not allow my guys to ask for a tip. We make enough as it is, and a tip is just that, a small thank you for going out of the way or as is the usual case saving them some money because we know or see a way to save time, labor or material. We do not have a tip jar because we do not expect a tip.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
here comes some bashing... I don't ever expect a tip, the stuff I deliver ain't no damned pizza or take out chinese food... occasionally though some customers offer a "cup of coffee" or " get a burger" money. I always thank them and say " maybe next time"
tipping a salvage yard?? did they degrease that part for you??

Latest posts

Top Bottom