To Keep or Not

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bilboben

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I were you I would PM me as fast as you can to arrange a FTF and get rid of said offending SIG as fast as you can.

I have SIGs in 380, 9, 40, 357sig, 45 and 223 and I am always looking for the next one. I probably am not the right person to listen to when you want to know about keeping it or getting rid of it. I will always steer you wrong.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love Sig's, but I don't shoot them in .40. I like the 226 in 9mm (accurate as hell) and the 220 in .45 (both power and accuracy). Sometimes I carry a .40 (Glock 23 or S&W M&Pc) when I need something small. I'd much rather carry my most accurate weapon though (the 226). I think most folks shoot .40 because it's provides capacity and power (so they think it the best compromise between 9mm and .45). For me, I keep .40's purely so I can have something in all the common handgun calibers.

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whether it's a Llama or a Les Baer, you absolutely gotta shoot it before you sell or trade it off.

I personally am not a fan of that caliber. I'll take a 9mm or .45 over it nearly every time, but some people swear by it. What's its primary purpose in your arsenal?

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Like I've said previously, with the P229 you basicly have three to four calibers in this gun. Your primary as posted on the gun 40SW, change the barrel out, and you can have .357SIG or 9MM. If I'm not mistaken you can get an additional upper and magazines, and have a .22lr for really cheap practice.

Like others, I have no use for the 40SW. I have three, a P220 in .45ACP, P226 in 9MM, and a P225 in 9MM. The P226, and P225 compete to see who is more accurate. The P220 is in a world of its own!!!

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually, you cannot use a SIG 9mm barrel in a .40/.357. They are not interchangeable. However, there is at least one after-market 9mm conversion barrel available for the .40/.357. Go over to SIGforum and do some reading. There is a great amount of information there.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Actually, you cannot use a SIG 9mm barrel in a .40/.357. They are not interchangeable. However, there is at least one after-market 9mm conversion barrel available for the .40/.357. Go over to SIGforum and do some reading. There is a great amount of information there.

I already posted the information for him on the conversion barrel.

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I already posted the information for him on the conversion barrel.

Saw your posting about the Bar-Sto. Just wanted to clarify that you cannot use a SIG drop in barrel. Sometimes the conversion barrel requires fitting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom