To Keep or Not

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Saw your posting about the Bar-Sto. Just wanted to clarify that you cannot use a SIG drop in barrel. Sometimes the conversion barrel requires fitting.

I would clarify further that you cannot use any 9mm barrel made for the 9mm P229, or P228. It must specifically be a .40/.357 to 9mm conversion barrel.

acelungger

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
WOW, You guys are 100% right. I got to go to the range the other day. I took my custom V.B. 9mm that I have owned for 25 years and i paid a boat load for it back then. I intended to go out and shoot circles around the Sig with my 9, that didn't happen. It was a true draw, and since I have shot my V.B. for 25 years that says a lot for the sig!!I know they say you can never have enough hand guns, but I had no intentions of keep this gun, but now I have no choice!!
Thanks to all you Sig shooters!!!
ACE

Reaction score
If you shoot a Sig tell me why you like it?

Well, they're not my favorites, and they do have some drawbacks (high bore axis, a bit blocky), but I like them because (a) nice looking and well-made, reliable, nice sights, etc., (b) I prefer to have a de-cocker on a carry auto (either that or a 'pre-sprung DAO'), (c) good re-sale value / reputation.

I still prefer CZs and Kahrs (and a few others like 1911s & BHPs) to Sigs. But, Sigs are (obviously) worlds ahead of certain plastic junk, for example. ;)

To you 40 cal shooters, tell me why you prefer the 40 over the other cals?

Can't help you there. I don't do .40s anymore - divested myself of them, in part just to simplify - but in part because .40s batter & wear the pistol more over time than .45 or 9mm, and there's very little leeway for overcharged loads when you cram this round into a 9mm platform, espec. with makers who mill more than just a smidge of 6 o'clock web support out of the chamber. Again, junk / Glock - oh, but I repeat myself

[Don't get your panties in a twist guys - This is hyperbole. Obviously Glocks are not junk. They fine serviceable guns. It's just that they are extremely poor *RELATIVE TO* their reputation, hype, and price. It's ALL relative.]

acelungger

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well Tad,
My brother in law has 15 Glocks, and he likes them, I myself don't like them. The Sig P229 is nothing like a Glock. If there were only Glocks pistols I would only own one. I started off shooting a 1911A1 in 1972, I have allways had a 1911 since that time, back in 1982 I owned a dozen different 1911's, I still have my first 1911 and I also own a 70's series Officers model. My V.B. 9mm is just a modified 1911, and I guess that is why I bought it and still own it.
But not everyone likes the 1911 and that is why they make so many types.
Later
ACE

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Whether it's a Llama or a Les Baer, you absolutely gotta shoot it before you sell or trade it off.

I personally am not a fan of that caliber. I'll take a 9mm or .45 over it nearly every time.

I agree completely. You gotta shoot it first, and for me, the .40 just doesn't feel right and it's more ammo you gotta buy. I have 9mm and .45acp.

Latest posts

Top Bottom