To SBR or not?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have one SBR now with two different uppers. I am debating whether or not to SBR a second receiver. It would be nice having two rifles but then I would have to get two different BCGs and stocks. I haven't seen the benefit of having the two when I can put that money towards more uppers. Opinions?

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
People worry about this but then have C&R licenses, so have basically given up rights to search their home over it.

Having an NFA items does NOT give ATF any right to search your house. That is a common myth.

the 4473s are not in a data base they are kept forever at the dealer so they would need to go to each dealer and look at them as of now. next year who knows there may be some big data base with all of us nut job gun owners in it

The 4473's are kept by the dealer until they go out of business. At that time, they are sent to ATF.

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have one SBR now with two different uppers. I am debating whether or not to SBR a second receiver. It would be nice having two rifles but then I would have to get two different BCGs and stocks. I haven't seen the benefit of having the two when I can put that money towards more uppers. Opinions?

I went ahead and sent off for another sbr lower. I got really tired of swapping everything (upper, BCG, & charging handle) between 3 short uppers. Sold a 16" so I have the BCG and ch problem solved. I'm more of a two is one, one is none type of fella.
Ultimately it's up to you though.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just for my own curiosity/clarification on the subject of SBR's:

If someone has 2 complete rifles, 1 of which is an SBR, and an extra short barrel upper, could/would that be seen as constructive intent on the non SBR?

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just for my own curiosity/clarification on the subject of SBR's:

If someone has 2 complete rifles, 1 of which is an SBR, and an extra short barrel upper, could/would that be seen as constructive intent on the non SBR?

No such thing as "constructive intent". What you mean is constructive possession and you would not have anything to worry about in your above scenario as you have a legal use (the SBR lower) for both of your short uppers. It is only a problem if you have a short upper and nothing but a regular rifle lower to put it on. You then have all of the parts to assemble an SBR and no other legal way to assemble them (such as a pistol lower). Henceforth you are in possession of an unregistered SBR.

Latest posts

Top Bottom