Tom Clancy Books

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone else a fan of his novels?

I just finished reading Rainbow Six and I have also read Without Remorse and one other one that I cannot remember the name of.

Rainbow Six was an interesting novel to read and it was looooong. But it was fun to see what constituted a "cutting edge" tactical load out around the turn of the millennium.

Also, for all of the acclaim that Clancy got for the accuracy in his books, he made several errors that I found, most notably every team member of Rainbow 6 carrying a "Beretta 45" and after reading it more closely I am almost positive that he is not talking about the Beretta/Stoeger "Cougar" in 45 ACP, but a version of the M9 chambered in .45

In all of the promotion for the book, including the video-game tie-in that was developed along with the novel, they use H&K USP which I feel is a smart choice for the time and place.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've read all the ones he wrote himself, but the tie in novels just never did it for me. I just re read Without Remorse, Rainbow Six and The Bear and the Dragon myself.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Used to do an annual Clancy marathon. in chronological, not publication order. I'd start with Without Remorse, then Patriot Games, Red October, Cardinal of the Kremlin, Red Rabbit, Clear and Present Danger, Sum of All Fears, Debt of Honor, Executive Orders, Rainbow 6, and finally The Bear and the Dragon.

Clancy was a fine writer.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Used to do an annual Clancy marathon. in chronological, not publication order. I'd start with Without Remorse, then Patriot Games, Red October, Cardinal of the Kremlin, Red Rabbit, Clear and Present Danger, Sum of All Fears, Debt of Honor, Executive Orders, Rainbow 6, and finally The Bear and the Dragon.

Clancy was a fine writer.

Agreed - have done the same on re-reads of his early work. I'd recommend including Red Storm Rising as a stand-alone novel with a very realistic Cold War going hot scenario.

Latest posts

Top Bottom