Reading Suggestions??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I read this book a couple of years ago but forgot about it.

DAYS OF RAGE by Bryan Burrough

It's the history of the Weather Underground, a domestic left-wing terror group in the U.S. in the late 60s and early 70s.
It started from the Vietnam war protestors and they wound up setting off bombs, burning buildings and assassinating police officers.
Finally got around to this one. About halfway through it. Not just the weathermen but also the BLA and the SLA that kidnapped patty hearst. How these groups recruited and survived is much of the story. I find it very interesting that they could travel about almost freely without much interference for the most part.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you don't mind stuff from the 1930's there is the excellent When Worlds Collide/After Worlds Collide duo by Edwin Balmer and Phillip Wylie. Superb story!! These are two of my all-time novels, that tell the story of an interplanetary collision. Some of the science is, to be kind, out of date, but the story presented was fascinating. BTW, even though there are two novels, they tell but one story.

One of my friends told me about it in junior high back in the early 1960's and even after more than fifty years, the book has lost none of its' appeal for me.
WWC/AWC is available on the internet archives.

archive.org

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My next one will be "Where the Crawdads Sing". A little outside of my regular fare, but it came highly recommended.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My next one will be "Where the Crawdads Sing". A little outside of my regular fare, but it came highly recommended.

Audible keeps trying to recommend that one to me. Considering how "accurate" their recommendations usually are, I think that's gonna be a hard pass for me.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Audible keeps trying to recommend that one to me. Considering how "accurate" their recommendations usually are, I think that's gonna be a hard pass for me.

I really enjoyed it. Not something I would normally pick up, but it's one of those my wife highly recommended. I think she met the author somewhere.

Latest posts

Top Bottom