Reading Suggestions??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Picked up Ben Shapiro’s ‘The Right Side of History’ yesterday. Read a couple chapters last night. I think I’m going to like it.

murphranch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's a few of my favorites.
9c133ab88e87f7ba2a953c0d6ec9a0e4.jpg
78fc1cac9a2baca48fcd910b8a721267.jpg
58ce9b124e5269cc5131d6dc8e3041d9.jpg

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I picked up the Audible version of Jack Carr's The Terminal List. It's a heck of a page turner, well, it would be if audiobooks had pages. It's one of those books that I have a hard time turning off when it's time to do something else. I just wish the narrator would say "nods" instead of Enn Oh Dee Ess... (Then again, most of the guys I've heard saying "nods" were Army, so maybe SEALs spell it out?)

There's a scene early in the novel where the protagonist is interviewed (or, rather, interrogated) by NCIS. It might seem kind of unrealistic, until you learn that it's based on his real experiences with NCIS, which he discussed on Joe Rogan's podcast. Yeah, I think it's safe to say that Carr isn't exactly a fan of NCIS.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm part way through a book called Villains' Paradise, about crime and criminals in England after World War II.
In addition to talking about serial killers of the era, it looks like anything that wasn't nailed down apparently got stolen by gangs of thieves after the war.
Rationing ended almost immediately in the U.S. after Japan surrendered, but it went on in England for almost a decade after the war was over.
The book talks about how the rationing of food, clothes, fuel, everything, made criminals out of a lot of people who wouldn't have been otherwise.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FWIW, here's Jack Carr talking to Joe Rogan about his (Carr's) real-life experiences with NCIS.

Pretty sure he's not exchanging Christmas cards with anyone at NCIS.

psimp

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
John Sandford's "Prey" series - I can't tell you how many there are, but there's a bunch and they are all good reads. Anything else by him as well.
George R.R. Martins Five-Book Series "A Song of Ice and Fire" which was the basis for "The Game of Thrones".
Tom Clancy Novels...
James Patterson Novels...
Definitely ALL of the Prey series, and break off character books. Along with all of Lee Child’s Jack Reacher series. Most of David Baldacci books - several different series. David Archer and Andrew’s and Wilson = VG easy read operator series.(kindle unlimited = free) - And Robert Parker = easy fast reading. Now I’m reading latest book in J.D. Robb - Death series = Forgotten in Death. 👍 Harry Bosch, can’t leave his character books out. I’ve had Amazon Kindle for last several years, with kindle unlimited. I’ll find a series can’t put down, and several free, or 2.99. Could go on and on.. am on my 3rd kindle paper white - wireless only, and affordable. Think I have over 300 books in my read collection. Good recommendation’s in thread! 🙏👍

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The taking of the K-129 by Josh Dean. It's a book about project Azorian where the CIA tried to raise the sunken sub
K-129.

Also, if you like reading about a crazy woman destroying a man's life, read the book tales of the crazy by Charles Cole. The guy is an ARFCOM member. Read that book and ask yourself if you ever want to get married.

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's been quite some time since read the book, but thinking of reading it again. Much wisdom in the book.
Walden and "Civil Disobedience" by Henry David Thoreau

Another book on my re-reading list is: The Journals Of Lewis And Clark What they accomplished was an amazing feat and the accuracy of their surveying with the instrumentation of the day was surprisingly accurate. Not many individuals in today's America are that tough and tenacious.

The trilogy by A.B. Guthrie, Jr : The Way West, The Big Sky, and Fair Land, Fair Land (Great stories about mountain men and people headed west to settle in the undeveloped west. One of my favorite authors.

Latest posts

Top Bottom