Took a kid hunting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kdlong

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
made full circle back in the kiamichi mountains in
My cousins boy went bowhunting with us this past weekend.I never laughed so hard in my life.he has been trying to hunt with his dad but his dad is not much on hunting.so his mom tells him he needs to go hunt with us. Now the funny part. I put him in my dads blind because there is alot of deer coming through there. When i come back at 10:00 sat to pick him up he is standing outside of the blind walking in circles looking on the ground.i ask if he seen anything he said yes a 4 and 10 point bucks.so he shot t the 4point first and missed then he soy at the 10 point twice and missed both shots.so as we are searching for the missing arrows he starting telling me about another deer.apparently after he has shot all his arrows another deer comes up behind the blind and starts rubbing and sniffing the blind it scares the crap out of him.after the deer smells the blind it walks around the blind and stands no more than 8 feet in front of him.the whole time he's telling me this he's still shaking from the deer scaring him. But I now have a new hunting partner for life.by the way he's only in the eigth (sp) grade.

kdlong

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know just wish the misses and I could of had our on kids so I could razz them about all the funny stuff. he has called me probably ten times since we got home Sunday wanting to go back.I have already got him set up with a 30-30 to use during riffle season. just got to get him to the range this weekend to teach some safety rules. the only problem I think we are going to have is he's right handed but left eye domminet (sp) . he'll I think inured to go back to school so i can learn to spell again.

kdlong

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm already thinking of starting with my Henry 22 sat then moving to the marlin later in the day so I can see how it goes.I'm already thinking about next season also.he don't know it yet but he'll be hunting youth and muzzleloader along with the rest of the season.I already have a muzzleloader that'll be about the right size for him.

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm already thinking of starting with my Henry 22 sat then moving to the marlin later in the day so I can see how it goes.I'm already thinking about next season also.he don't know it yet but he'll be hunting youth and muzzle-loader along with the rest of the season.I already have a muzzle-loader that'll be about the right size for him.

You might need to talk to his parents about a lifetime license, it will be worth it once he gets 16 if the bug of hunting stays with him!

Good job passing the heritage of our fore-fathers!

Latest posts

Top Bottom