Top Shot 1000 Yard Shot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claricSTi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am definitely in agreeance that George is a little too smug. It is no question that taking one shot is a greater feet than placing 3 shots in a shorter period. Yet, that was not the challenge and I was happy to see him lose.

George seems like one of those guys that is obviously good at his skill but is so self-concious that he feels the need to constantly bash others.

carleb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To bad jay is gone seeing him eliminate George would have been awesome.

I agree. Jay was kinda easy to dislike in the beginning, but when nearly everyone began to bad-mouth him, it got to where I kinda thought it was great that he kept snatching himself out of the fire with good shooting.

I nearly always have to root for the underdog and I definately can't stand a bully like George. But, right now I think George is the odds on most likely to win the whole thing. I won't like it, but I have to think so.

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
George is pretty good with a rifle, but with everything else he seems pretty average. Overly cocky people get under my skin like crazy though. If you're that good at something, prove it. Otherwise,
be quiet. Nobody cares about how awesome you can try to make yourself sound by running your mouth.

From what I saw, that rifle was dialed in perfectly for elevation. You could tell almost every shooter got up there and fired with the crosshairs dead on the target, and every one of them hit their first
shot in the same place, which was far center left. All they had to do was slowly work it in right until they got a hit.

It was impressive to see him hit the target in one shot, but part of me wonders if he would've had been able to so easily if he was first and couldn't watch everyone else's first shot.

Verdigris

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jamie is actually a member of one of the groups I associate with, and has been giving us some after action reports on several of the episodes. According to him, George wasn't nearly as big of a douche in persona s he was on the show. However he also didn't get to see any of all the personal interview douche-baggery that George has been talking. Haven't seen the AAR for last night's episode yet.

Personally, I think George is an asshat and yes, I would say that to his face. I certainly wouldn't say it to him at 1000 yards though. ;) Hope he's gone soon and I hope Joe sends him. Would be neat to see the member of his group who wanted to do the right thing get even for the politics.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Weapon had to be dialed in beforehand unless they gave him time to get his dope. The drop on a 175gr 308 bullet is approx. 32 feet at 1k depending on velocity.

No 175 grainers here,most likely 750 grainers.George is definitely cocky.Jay is the spoiler,like the young "rifle" kid from last season.The cool thing for Jay is all those $2000 dollar Bass Pro cards he has.I don't know who will win,when Daryl got eliminated by Jay,I lost my favorite.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Could someone here who's AF tell me who in the Air Force would be a sniper that saw combat, like George claims?

I'm assuming George isn't one of the AFSOC hardasses like Ashley.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Could someone here who's AF tell me who in the Air Force would be a sniper that saw combat, like George claims?

I'm assuming George isn't one of the AFSOC hardasses like Ashley.

I've not known any AF, but the Army and Marine ones I've had the honor of knowing, don't walk around with the attitude George does!!!!

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've not known any AF, but the Army and Marine ones I've had the honor of knowing, don't walk around with the attitude George does!!!!

That's what I mean. I've met a lot of people who claimed to be badasses of some kind or another (shooting, martial arts, whatever), but the people I've met who verifiably meet that qualification (Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu black belts, former Rangers, whatever) are never cocky about it at all. They never have anything to prove like George seems to.

Latest posts

Top Bottom