Top Shot 1000 Yard Shot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
George is pretty good with a rifle, but with everything else he seems pretty average. Overly cocky people get under my skin like crazy though. If you're that good at something, prove it. Otherwise,
be quiet. Nobody cares about how awesome you can try to make yourself sound by running your mouth.

From what I saw, that rifle was dialed in perfectly for elevation. You could tell almost every shooter got up there and fired with the crosshairs dead on the target, and every one of them hit their first
shot in the same place, which was far center left. All they had to do was slowly work it in right until they got a hit.

It was impressive to see him hit the target in one shot, but part of me wonders if he would've had been able to so easily if he was first and couldn't watch everyone else's first shot.

No kidding ... The reason I have quit watching completely ...

sesh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know who will win,when Daryl got eliminated by Jay,I lost my favorite.

I think Daryl was an extremely well-rounded shooter and had some good integrity but I wasn't a huge fan of Daryl's, I do give him props for giving Jay some deserved credit when Jay sent him home. I wasn't a fan of Jay either but you can't take away from what the golf pro pulled off. I was kind of hoping that Jay or Jamie would send George's mouth home. I personally like Chris, kind of a jack of all trades master of none but I don't think he'll be able to pull it off.

Robert871

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
i just watched it up to the last competition shot before the vote for elimination, and had to come vent. I cannot stand the arrogance, i have not watched the entire season, just the last 2 episodes and this one, but i feel for jay being the only civilian, i can understand come companionship between the military guys, but i feel like hes doomed to be voted every time from here on out just because they want it to be an all military finish, with no thought to how he preforms, and from watching i can guarantee he did not do the best nor the worst with the 1000 yard shot..

also the cocky guy saying "i knew i was going to hit it the first how, how could i call myself a sniper if i didnt" loosely quoted. i have to believe that cocky interview was taken after he managed to hit it the first shot. i attribute more luck and him paying attention to that shot than him being an "uber sniper" the way i see it, he lucked into seeing the first 4 guys shoo before him, noted that all their first shots went left about the same distance, and assumed they lined the recital up with the target and pulled the trigger to judge from that first shot, so he had the luck of seeing that and planning to pre correct right about the distance he thought they were missing by. his experience helped him pull a crisp shot off, and use his mil dots to help. and frankly i am not bashing snipers, i am just saying i have watched documentary on snipers training and demonstrating the same weapon and they do it at 600 yards and say "its next to impossible to hit the first shot until you see where the first one lands and can correct from there"

i truly believe had they all not been allowed to watch each others performance, no one would have hit it first shot. and to me, the best marksmen for that challenge was not the "sniper" who hit it first shot, it was the guy that did it in 31 seconds right after that guy, and did it in by seeing where it hit with his first shot and correcting from that, like i have seen it supposed to be done. that is not a shooter only shot, that is a sniper team shot for a reason, correction of impact.

Robert871

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
And jamie's there's no integrity quote made me roll. The only integrity was the three voters who voted for him to be in the challenge under the possibility that they did so with the understanding that this is a competition "I'm stupid If I don't try to eliminate the best competitor I can to make my odds better" jamie's vote certainly had no "integrity" behind it, it wasn't placed because he feared jay as a threat nor because he felt he wasn't performing well enough to earn a chance, it was because jay isn't one of them in service, he was just pissed because he had to risk the humiliation of being beaten out by a rookie in the elimination challenge

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
and frankly i am not bashing snipers, i am just saying i have watched documentary on snipers training and demonstrating the same weapon and they do it at 600 yards and say "its next to impossible to hit the first shot until you see where the first one lands and can correct from there.

Don't know what you watched, but it is nowhere near impossible to hit the first shot at 600 yards (or 1000 for that matter). I'm talking 10 and x rings too. In fact a good portion of F Class shooters (which is what the shot they took is most comparable to, ie. scoped, rested) hit the 10 ring on their first shot and it's only 10".

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He's my favorite left in it.

Im conflicted about him. I like him, I like his attitude. But the fact that he was party to the popularity game last night kinda took some of his integrity away in my eyes. The game is about who is the best, not who is whos friend. From what I saw, Jamie beat George by 5 seconds (dont give 2 craps if it took George 1 shot, the competition was first to hit, not first to hit with less shots). Now I dont like Jamie, but still. As far as last night,... I really like Joe. Guy has integrity.

Latest posts

Top Bottom