Treestand Scare Tonight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No signs of any wear and tear on the strap, never had one just break...like I said it was only a year old and I don't leave my stands out year round so it's been in my strap/harness/accessories bag since Jan of last year here is a pic of where it brokeView attachment 51658

First thing I always do is cut-off or throw away any junk straps that come with stands, and go somewhere like RatchetStraps.com and order some good quality straps. Can order any color/length/width/hook combo you want for not a lot of $$

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the link and thanks to everyone for being glad I didn't fall and get hurt bad! I appreciate it!! Seriously scared the crap out of me and I have two huge bruises on my shoulder from the harness jerk, but going again in the morning...did notice that the fall ripped the cloth part of my harness away from the webbing but that's just cosmetic, should be a great morning weather wise...good luck!

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the link and thanks to everyone for being glad I didn't fall and get hurt bad! I appreciate it!! Seriously scared the crap out of me and I have two huge bruises on my shoulder from the harness jerk, but going again in the morning...did notice that the fall ripped the cloth part of my harness away from the webbing but that's just cosmetic, should be a great morning weather wise...good luck!
It is a good idea to replace all that was shock loaded.

Latest posts

Top Bottom