Trickery Afoot - Contact Senators ASAP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
GOA Alert - Senate may attempt to change the rules to shove gun control down our throats. If I understand correctly this could be done as soon as tomorrow - Contact our Senators tonight to tell them to oppose the "Nuclear Option rules change" 100%

Contact them at http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm?OrderBy=state&Sort=ASC

or this link takes you to a pre-written letter:
http://capwiz.com/gunowners/issues/alert/?alertid=62313366

Write your senators guys. The above link takes you to a pre-written suggested email that you can modify if you like, or you can just put in your contact info and hit send, and it'll go to both of your state's U.S. senators.

The Senate -- under Majority Leader Harry Reid’s control -- is now crusading to implement:

* Gun bans on semiautomatic firearms and magazines;

* An effective ban on gun shows;

* A ban on private gun sales, without going through a gun dealer; and,

* Changes in the Senate rules which would allow them to ban guns with a mere 50 Senate votes.

This last proposal is particularly insidious. Gun grabbers are not going to be able to get 60 votes to break a Senate filibuster of gun control. But, with the help of fake “pro-gun” Senate Democrats, they may be able to get 50.

So the question of whether Senate Democrats will need 50 votes or 60 votes will determine whether gun control -– and much of Obama’s agenda -– will be slammed through and passed into law.

This brings us to the “nuclear option.

This is a trick which anti-gun Democrats intend to use the first day of the Senate session in order to obliterate the Senate rules and clear the way for 50-vote passage of gun control.

Your senator’s vote on the “nuclear option” may be the most important gun-related vote he casts during the 113th Congress. It may be the difference between whether Obama can secure Senate passage of gun bans, magazine bans, gun show bans, and bans on private gun sales.

Anti-gun Democrats will try to tell you that the Senate is just following its precedents.

But that’s a bald-faced lie. As Democrats made clear during the Bush administration when the Republicans were contemplating the “nuclear option,” the nuclear option has been threatened, but the trigger has never been pulled.

Anti-gun Democrats will try to tell you that the “nuclear option” can only be invoked on the first day.

That’s a lie. Senate Rule 5, Paragraph 2, provides that the Senate rules continue from one Congress to the next, unless changed by 67 votes (needed to break a filibuster of rules changes). If the Senate can use brute force to obliterate Rule 5 by 50 votes, it can use brute force to obliterate any rule at any time by 50 votes.

This is a major vote that will have huge ramifications for our republic. Our gun rights are just one of the many freedoms that are on the chopping block right now. And if Harry Reid can squelch his opposition by nuking the filibuster, it will be the first step towards completely obliterating our Constitution.

Last edited:

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I sent the following letter to our 2 senators:
_______
Dear Sen XXX,
Please vote against the NUCLEAR OPTION and also please vote against ANY gun control laws. We already have 20,000 laws and crimes are best prevented by good people with arms that happen to be on the scene. Please allow our 2A freedoms to be recognized, for the sake of our country.
Sincerely,
YYY

Remington

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's what I sent:

Dear Senator Coburn,
It has come to my attention that there may be a vote concerning gun control as early as tomorrow. I respectfully request that you vote against any legislation that tries to restrict our 2nd Amendment rights any further. Likewise, I also ask that you do all that is within your power to stop the use of the NUCLEAR OPTION by anti-gun Senate members who are trying to degrade our 2nd Amendment rights even further. For the record I am against any further regulations that infringe upon our 2nd Amendment right as written in the constitution.
Sincerely,

RollingRock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have emailed Cole, Coburn and Inhofe 3 times, and sent letters to each once. I also emailed my state rep, state senator and the Gov asking for continued support for all pro-2A bills that come through (not sure if there are any in 2013?).

I also asked the state rep/senator for a bill that will not allow a media outlet to publish the names of oklahoma concealed carry (SDA) people (names, addresses, etc).

With the House (federal) is such a big mess, and Boehner being forced out, this is a very critical time to make our voices heard.

http://cnsnews.com/blog/ron-meyer/c...ll-either-resign-speakership-or-be-forced-out

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have emailed Cole, Coburn and Inhofe 3 times, and sent letters to each once. I also emailed my state rep, state senator and the Gov asking for continued support for all pro-2A bills that come through (not sure if there are any in 2013?).

I also asked the state rep/senator for a bill that will not allow a media outlet to publish the names of oklahoma concealed carry (SDA) people (names, addresses, etc).

With the House (federal) is such a big mess, and Boehner being forced out, this is a very critical time to make our voices heard.

http://cnsnews.com/blog/ron-meyer/c...ll-either-resign-speakership-or-be-forced-out

Good job. This is what needs done. Ive emailed them and snail mailed them. Nothing like a full mailbox to keep it on a personal level.

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We need to be calling and contacting all Senators and reps, not just those in OK, who hopefully will vote correctly anyways. We need to focus on contacting the ones who are more likely to switch sides. Let them know that people are watching. You don't have to tell them you are from out of state.

Latest posts

Top Bottom